Dwarf Police

Shownotes for Episode 14- Marooned

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Podcast begins

Pre-recorded shownotes
Intro
Synopsis
READ IT - MAKE SURE IT MAKES SENSE!!

This episode starts with holly reporting that they are heading for 5 black holes, so the crew decide to abandon red dwarf, with lister and rimmer in Starbug, and Kryten and Cat in Blue Midget.
As they make there getaway, starbug is hit by a meteor and crach lands on an icy planet.
After a couple of days stranded, food is running low and lister is trying to burn things to keep warm - but the only things left are rimmers Javanese camphor-wood chest and his belongings inside. After burning rimmers books, and his £24,000 life savings, he moves onto his collection of 19th century model soldiers. At this point rimmer refuses to let lister burn them, and points to listers' prized guitar.
Lister agree's and asks for a last song, while rimmer goes for a walk. While rimmer is out on his walk, lister cuts a guitar shape out of rimmer's prized chest, puts it on the fire and hides his guitar.
When rimmer returns he sees the "guitar" on the fire, and tells lister he is a "man of honor" and a "supreme gentleman".

Eventually they are found by Cat and Cryten and holly informs them that there were no black holes, and it was grit on the scanner scope.As they leave Lister gets his hidden guitar out of the cupboard, and walks past rimmer. Rimmer then looks into his prized chest and sees the guitar shaped hole.
Episode Review
Originally, the writers had planned on using White Midget to supercede Blue Midget. The design changed more and more and it started to ressemble a bug. This was the first episode filmed and the white clashed with the snow and so green was chosen and Starbug was born.

Scene 1

Abandom ship..black hole approaching ? <-- surely they are approaching the black hole ?

she is dippy she gone a drill sound

Awooga Awooga...siren bust

Holly and Rimmer (stood with hands in pocket, not panicked at all) VERY chilled talking about black hole, and didn't see because space is black, ambushed by 5 black holes Notice how her image is not as clear as Holly's was in series 2!

Javanese camphor-wood chest. belonged to his day, got his nineteenth-century replicas of Napolean's Armee du Nord, Lister compares to Sindy

Rimmers big wod of cash...24k (wish i had that :)

Cat's teddyboy hair... Notice how dodgy Cays make up is with dark streaks across face

very bad blue screen, in c0ck pit sence

Lister and Rimmer in Starbug, Cat and Kryten in Blue Midget, while Holly navigates though the black holes. This is the scene that is rumoured to contain the TARDIS. Although that model shot was made, it was actually not used. As stated previously. Also, why do they take seperate ships?

Scene 2

Lister and Rimmer discussing his fascination with war, and how he's actually a coward When Lister walks over to sit by Rimmer camera follows him and you just catch the edge of the set!

Rimmer once being Alexander the greats chief unac - Donald, the hypnotist

UNAC are ball less ? Eunuchs are castrated men. Earliest evidence is from 21st century BC. Castrated early enough to have major hormonal consequences!-WIKI again

lister explains to rimmer hes bored with life and any thing can happen next

Fireball hits...where the hell did that come from ? Cockpit view shows it heading straight for windscreen. External view and it hits the side?

Starbug crashes onto the snow planet. Clever use of BBC stock footage of the Arctic/Antarctic. Other snow scenes filmed in a warehouse in Liverpool using Soap Flakes. Craigs eyes were red raw by the end and his lips were sore. Robert Llewellyn couldn't close his eyes properly because of his mask. He really suffered.

Scene 3

Lister attempting to dig starbug out Falling from Starbug and being dragged by a rope. Own stunts again.

Rimmer...Mayday...How is he operating the comms when he is a hologram? Phsyically pressing the talk button!

3 days....

Why is there no heat? Power for comms and for Rimmer...why not for heating?

Food "There's half a bag of soggy Smoky Bacon Crisps, a tin of mustard powder, a brown lemon, three water biscuits, two bottles of vinegar and a tube of Bonjella gum ointment.".....Pot Noodle, and Dog Food ??? Why would they have dog food ?Also, how is he searching for food. How does he open the first aid box to find the Bonjella

Lister...gonna die

Wonder why the call it mayday ? Bank Holiday...french..Help me? - Mayday" from the French m’aider. "Venez m'aider" means "(you) come help me."[

Everything reminds Lister of food

burning books to keep warm

First time Rimmer had sex...Sandra in the back of his brothers car ?!? ...wasn't it Evon Magrooda ? - -Bentley V8
was he lieing ?? Contradiction of Thanks For The Memory!

Lister lost his vaginity at 12...Can't have been a full member of the golf course.
Porky Roebuck, his bestest friend threw him into septic tank. Looks like he tortured him through his childhood.

Rimmer...Hamlet...now...the great now speach...Richard the 3rd Unforgettable!! LOL

Lollita..page 61

Scene 4

Shakespeare burning

Lister eating dog food

on commntry they say it really dog food then mensioned its tuna Wiki states that it was tuna mixed with meat jelly. TV.com says its corned beef with "dog food type additives" Wiki is probably closest to the truth. Seen this description in other places on the net and it looks most like it.

look on Rimmers face made me lol

Lister wanting to burn the soldiers...picks money over them

Rimmer suggests guitar.. authentic les paul copy...Lister suggests it's his lifeline (5 strings and 3 of them are G) Les Paul actually died August 13th of this year. Twitter and forums I use went mental about it. An innovater in guitar development and recording techniques. One of the people responsible for the birth of the Rock and Roll sound.
Lister trying to pull rimmers heart strings

Listers plays a song, to say goodbye....actually has 6 strings ?
Michael Jackson's "Out of my life"

Rimmer goes for a walk How much more sensitive is Rimmer's character becoming. Far cry from series 1 Rimmer

Lister cuts a guitar shape out of the back of the chest (expertly done) and hides his guitar in the "wooden" locker
would have taken ages to cut that, plus all the wood shavings

Also a massive pile of spades with wooden handles behind him How long would his dredds burn for?

Rimmer, bigging Lister up...The trunk is the same as guitar to him..only thing his father ever gave him

What kind of Douchebag is Lister!!

Guitar made from camphor-wood too.....burn the soldiers

can holograms smell

Scene 5

Kryten and Cat walking through the snow, and find them...explains they've been to a Fourteen moons, two planets....surely they have a tracking beacon...as in Backwards ? Cat looks like the Ice Queen from Narnia!

yep some sort of handheld thing In Backwards, they had a tracker on second Starbug to track Starbug 1. Is Lister only one who knows how to use it! Krytens accent here is dreadful. They toyed with swedish amongst others and went for a canadian accent. Here he does....I don't know what!

Rimmer doing the death song for the soldiers

Explains the black holes where grit on the screen

This is where Rimmer describes Lister as A Man Of Honour......the original name for this episode was going to be "Men Of Honour"!

Lister gets the guitar out of locker...after Rimmer bigs him up again.

Rimmer pissed !

After thought...did they leave another starbug behind ? How many do they have...one at the bottom of a lake, another stuck in a snow drift.

Scores
10/10 for me, the episode was well written, well acted, and displayed just how good Craig and Chris bounce of each other...
9/10 Since starting these ScutterCasts, I'm finding that Rimmer heavy episodes are becoming my favourite. Chris Barry is awesome. Craig is much improved from series 1. Love it!

9/10 i enjoyedit, its good how rimmer can pull listers heart strings, but when it comes down to it lister doesnt really care, good to see them smiling all the way trought this,

93% .8
:)
Groove Town
If anybody wants to watch Back to Earth in HD and doesn't want to buy the bluray, it will be available at the end of this month on Sky Anytime for Sky+ HD customers, bluray out 31/08/2009 bit can't see what's new ?
The official RD site says that Back To Earth has been nominated for MediaGuardian Award for Best "NON terrestrial program. Dave is also nominated as best NON terrestrial channel in the "Channel of the year" awards. The soundwork for B2E has been nominated for a "Conch" award for "Audio on TV entertainment". Surely awards will only encourage there to be more?
Back to Earth available to view in HD for 8 days on SKY+HD Anytime. Bank Holiday weekend Aug 29th-Sept 5th. More revenue for Dave!!
Parrots
Got 1 finger bandaged and 3 plastered up......dumb ass day...hard to type, and can't play online games...sux
Me got Swine flu oink oink - and now a chest infection!! on Penicillin
Swine flu is so last month. It's not even a topic worthy of discussion anymore! How do you catch something like this at it's lame-ist!!? LOL
looks like some one is going to have to stay off the bacon buttys for a bit :)
Podcast of the week
Can't remember which we said ? Where we doing Sim Syn ? We were going to do Masters Of None first, but they've not got back to me with the promo yet. *****UPDATE***** They are going to try and get one out to us tonight.*******UPDATE*******
Masters Of None is Jay, Mike and Art who used to do a NY and New Jersey radio breakfast show. They've got out of the radio game now for a variety of reasons and use the podcast to talk about what they want to talk about. Best to worst list of Live sports. Seinfield, cool or not. Worse band names. Worse song to get a lap dance to....

Available at iTunes and also http://mastersofnoneshow.com/ which will take you to Simply Syndicated. More on them next week!
Additional post-record shownotes.

New intro music followed by "voice over guy" (AKA Tony AKA CyntaxError from Fictionshed). This weeks episode, Number 14, Marooned. Original air date 21st of November 1989.

Introduction of hosts-
Darren AKA BassJunkie
Andy AKA AntiRealism
Antony AKA oriSTUDFARM

Groovestown

Can’t tell you any more than the pre-recorded show notes above.

Parrots Bar
Darren tells the why not to take apart and clean a deep fat fryer and we discuss Nik’s bout of Swineflu!!

Podcast Of The Week

Masters Of None is a podcast presented by 3 ex-breakfast NY and NJ radio DJ’s. Its a general entertaining podcast which is very professionally produced and can be found at http://mastersofnoneshow.com/ See the Podcast Of The Week thread for full details
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Shownotes for Episode 14- Marooned

Postby D5120 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 pm

These notes seem to be getting less and less.... :-k :p
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Most of it is covered in the "pre-show notes"....it is getting easier though

(I'll make up for it on the end of series posts. Might do an attendance record of hosts...you know....work it out as a percentage and that!! :wink: )
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Lol, I like the idea, I'll obviously have 100% attendance, as I record them :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm classing those early missed release dates as absenses!! :twisted:
Rudolph
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby Rudolph » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Rimmer being able to smell in this episode is not with precedent. Remember, he gags at the stink coming from Lister's moon boots in 'Kryten'. I suppose either Holly (or the technology contained within his light bee) can detect smells, temperature, light/heat sources and thus program Rimmer to respond accordingly.

Also, one theory I've heard about Rimmer working the distress beacon is that it is 'hologram friendly' and is a device holograms can touch, much like the holowhip in 'Demons & Angels' which both humans and holograms can wield.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Not thought of the gagging in Kryten and never considered "hologram friendly" tech before. You know, that just might work!! :D

Welcome to the forums BTW. Always nice to get feedback......I'm starting to wonder if it's only me and BJ that bother to read the shownotes!! :lol:
Rudolph
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby Rudolph » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Good to be here Mr. Studfarm.

Yeah, I like reading the shownotes - the an@l-retentive fan in me likes picking out mistakes or thinking of ways to explain errors.