We need more!

Use this section to discuss the ScutterCast podcast
Cookertron
Canary
Canary

We need more!

Postby Cookertron » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am

In episode 27 during groove town you talk about the certain death of Scuttercast as you reach the end of Red Dwarf episodes. I was thinking that you could talk about the deleted scenes and extras that you mentioned throughout the whole of Scuttercast.

I'm a big fan btw, you got me hooked when you mentioned Scuttercast to me last year. Now I play it virtually every night, albeit I fall asleep through it but then I just start the same episode again the next night.

My enduring girlfriend woud like to know more information about intro music, she loves it :-)
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: We need more!

Postby D5120 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 am

We do plan on doing more episodes, we're just a bit slack :)

Before the new episodes we hope to get in at least 4 more episodes covering the books.....I have also been considering characters analysis, race analysis etc etc. Don't worry, we'll never truly stop making episodes, we just have busy lives and keep needing a break. How the hell we managed every fortnight for nearly 2 years amazes me :)

As for everything sound related, the intro, the outro, the stabs and the voiceovers... we have our good friend Tony Lunn to thank for that....he's quite a talented dude.

I've actually got a video recording of out iChat conversation when he created it.....this was shortly after we got slated for 'stealing' th Howard Goodall Scores :)

I may post that on the forum one day, as it was quite a momentous occasion :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Although, I have plans to do a weekly show called ClatterCast based on my all time favourite BBC Sci-fi comedy, Hyperdrive. I have 6 years worth of episodes planned as well as a theme tune I wrote and sung...

....okay. None of that is true....but should scuttercast actually come to a complete end, I will be doing something.....I just don't know what....

Thanks for listening though. When we first started, we got very little praise. We got some out and out abuse which, looking back now, I can understand. And we got lots of friends saying politely "Yeah....it's okay....honest!"

It's nice that lately (especially since the long hiatus we've just had) we've had so much genuine appreciation shown. :)
Cookertron
Canary
Canary

Postby Cookertron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 am

When is the next episode of scuttecast being released? I need more :shock:
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 am

Cookertron wrote:When is the next episode of scuttecast being released? I need more :shock:
We were going to be recording the Monday (4th) for release on the Thursday, however I've got a dentist appointment at 4.15pm, and last time it took 5 hours for me to get the feeling back in my mouth and stop speaking with a speak impediment, so we've postponed a week. I know what you're saying....'just record Darren, nobody will notice' ;)

If all goes to plan, the next episode should be out on the 14th.