Great on ya guys!

Use this section to discuss the ScutterCast podcast
TheCuban1
Canary
Canary

Great on ya guys!

Postby TheCuban1 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:50 pm

I randomly found this podcast on iTunes, loving it! I was looking for sci-fi/Red Dwarf podcasts and i downloaded this guy. (btw imho ScutterCast > Dwarfcast). Anyways I just thought that since you guys talk about the novels so much (all the Novels I LOVE by the way and I am re-reading them because you guys have been talking about them so much) I wanted to suggest doing shows focusing on each one of the novels.
Just a little thought from the American Midwest.
Keep up the great work you guys, always looking forward to the next cast.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Great on ya guys!

Postby D5120 » Sat May 15, 2010 4:26 pm

TheCuban1 wrote:I randomly found this podcast on iTunes, loving it! I was looking for sci-fi/Red Dwarf podcasts and i downloaded this guy. (btw imho ScutterCast > Dwarfcast). Anyways I just thought that since you guys talk about the novels so much (all the Novels I LOVE by the way and I am re-reading them because you guys have been talking about them so much) I wanted to suggest doing shows focusing on each one of the novels.
Just a little thought from the American Midwest.
Keep up the great work you guys, always looking forward to the next cast.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the compliment.

We have talked about doing the novels, however we plan to cross that bridge when we get towards the end of series 8.

I've not sure how for you are through the 32 current episodes, but the sound quality and content do improve :) The first 6 episodes were a bit "iffy" to say the least :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat May 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Welcome and thank you for the compliment. Hope you continue enjoying them....and....erm....what he just said too!! :)
TheCuban1
Canary
Canary

Postby TheCuban1 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Ive only listened to like 15 or so of the latest ones, I just went back and grabbed the older ones this morning. And don't worry I've listened to a lot of podcasts and the first ones are always a bit sketchy :-)
TheCuban1
Canary
Canary

Postby TheCuban1 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Also BTW I posted some feedback on iTunes (mp3 version) since you guys said you were lacking in that dept. 8)
TheCuban1
Canary
Canary

Postby TheCuban1 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Ooh! I thought of another good topic idea. What about the Red Dwarf USA pilots? If you can't find a bootleg ( and any dwarf fan should have a copy already ) then I'm pretty sure they are on YouTube.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue May 18, 2010 5:14 pm

I think we probably will be doing. I actually watched them for the first time a few weeks back and found the first (i think) one not too bad. The one with Hinton Battle as the Cat and not Jadzia Dax.

If they had found someone who actually "got" Rimmer, it may have worked.
TheCuban1
Canary
Canary

Postby TheCuban1 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm

I dunno, I think it was pretty bad all the way around. The comic timing was nil and yes, the dude playing Rimsy was terrible. You could argue that it was bad because it was the pilot and the BBC Red Dwarf's first episode wasn't that great, but by the time that RD USA was being made they had worked out the kinks with the Brit version.
Also I don't really see how Robert Llewellyn could have done both shows, unless he was planning on dropping out of the British series if the USA one got picked up or something.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri May 21, 2010 10:00 pm

I think, at the time, the UK one would have probably been dropped.
TheCuban1
Canary
Canary

Postby TheCuban1 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Well that would've been a crime against humanity then.

BTW, i was poking around on the forum and i discovered that someone else last year suggested the exact same thing for podcasts (the Novels and RD USA). Maybe a certain Cuban1 should read around the fourm before spouting off like he's got the idea of the century!