Series 6 Synopsis

Use this section to discuss the ScutterCast podcast
User avatar
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 am
Location: Durham, North East England

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Heres one for out of time (this could be my last synopsis for a while due to personal circumstances also if i go off the forum for a while after the next couple of weeks you know why)

Red Dwarf is lost and Rimmer conducts a "morale-meeting", where he gets a few things off his chest about how he hates everyone. They soon fly into a region of space populated by unreality pockets, a security measure around a top-secret Space Corps test ship. More of these unreality pockets occur, causing very strong hallucinations and Lister to think he is a 3000 series android (an unsuccessful model, due to its hyper-realistic appearance), after which he is forced to obey orders from Kryten, a 4000 series. Kryten suggests the crew go into Deep Sleep. Once awoken, the crew board the derelict ship and find a device capable of time travel. The crew test the device, but as it only allows Starbug to travel through time, not space, it is of no use.

The crew are subsequently contacted by another Starbug, populated by their future selves, who explain that their own time-drive is malfunctioning and request to be allowed to copy parts from the present-day time-drive. They invite them on board, but everyone except Kryten is sealed in the hold to prevent them from meeting their future counterparts. Lister rigs a camera to see what's going on, and each of the crew is dismayed to see what they have become. Rimmer is overweight, Cat is bald, Kryten has donned a toupee and a turtleneck sweater, and Lister is merely a brain in a jar. It soon becomes clear that their future selves are snobs and have socialised with some of the most evil figures of history (including the Hitlers) and lived in the height of luxury.

Lister refuses to help the future crew after seeing what they have become, and sends them back to their ship. Having become accustomed to their self-indulgent lifestyle, and unwilling to spend the rest of their lives in deep space, the future crew launch an attack on their past-selves. Rimmer shows uncharacteristic bravery by suggesting they fight, stating "Better dead than smeg." The battle ends with Lister, Cat, and Kryten all killed from explosions in the cockpit. Rimmer realises that his only hope is to blow up the time-drive, but at the same time, the future Starbug fires, resulting in the explosion of Starbug.
ImageImage
"I'm back ..... and I'm bad......obviously within certain preset parameters!"
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks matey
Image
User avatar
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 6310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Nottingham. UK

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Getting longer!!
Image
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:21 am

Emergency, Emergency, there's an emergency happening.......

I'm currently making the notes for ScutterCast 33, and we don't seem to have a synopsis for Gunmen of the Apocalypse. Would any of your awesome people have time to throw one together ? If not, don't worry, I have a backup (the one of the main Episode Guide section of the website :)
Image
User avatar
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 am
Location: Durham, North East England

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Sun May 23, 2010 11:07 am

BassJunkie wrote:Emergency, Emergency, there's an emergency happening.......

I'm currently making the notes for ScutterCast 33, and we don't seem to have a synopsis for Gunmen of the Apocalypse. Would any of your awesome people have time to throw one together ? If not, don't worry, I have a backup (the one of the main Episode Guide section of the website :)

i thought id submitted one (edit) just seen the one i did and how short it is nevermind
ImageImage
"I'm back ..... and I'm bad......obviously within certain preset parameters!"
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:48 pm

smeeeg_heeeeed wrote:
BassJunkie wrote:Emergency, Emergency, there's an emergency happening.......

I'm currently making the notes for ScutterCast 33, and we don't seem to have a synopsis for Gunmen of the Apocalypse. Would any of your awesome people have time to throw one together ? If not, don't worry, I have a backup (the one of the main Episode Guide section of the website :)

i thought id submitted one (edit) just seen the one i did and how short it is nevermind
Sorry fella, found it, will use it :)...Antony likes the small ones :)
Image
User avatar
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 am
Location: Durham, North East England

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm

BassJunkie wrote:
smeeeg_heeeeed wrote:
BassJunkie wrote:Emergency, Emergency, there's an emergency happening.......

I'm currently making the notes for ScutterCast 33, and we don't seem to have a synopsis for Gunmen of the Apocalypse. Would any of your awesome people have time to throw one together ? If not, don't worry, I have a backup (the one of the main Episode Guide section of the website :)

i thought id submitted one (edit) just seen the one i did and how short it is nevermind
Sorry fella, found it, will use it :)...Antony likes the small ones :)

well i had heard that rumour but didnt like to say
ImageImage
"I'm back ..... and I'm bad......obviously within certain preset parameters!"
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:13 pm

lmao ! :)
Image
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:14 pm

smeeeg_heeeeed wrote:hmmm thats odd emails must be playing up any other way i can send it
What happened to this in the end ? I've just checked the emails and don't think it ever came through ?
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest