Series 6 Synopsis

Use this section to discuss the ScutterCast podcast
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Series 6 Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 pm

So far so good on the Synopsis's peeps. We'll be recording "Back to Reality" tonight and will be using they synopsis written by smeeeg_heeeeed, and then we're all out.

Please feel free to jot down a quick synopsis, and I'm sure Ori will be more than happy to read it out at the beginning of the episode :)

Series 6 has the following episodes (like you didn't already know :p)

Psirens
Legion
Gunman Of The Apocalype
Emohawk
Rimmerworld
Out Of Time

Thanks in Advance :)
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Re: Series 6 Synopsis

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 am

hows about this by no means my best one but hey

psirens

200 years after investigating the Esperato, the Red Dwarf crew awakes from suspended animation, as they set out to find Red Dwarf, which has vanished without a trace, on-board Starbug. Where they stumble upon a asteroid field containing lost spaceships. Where they find the asteroid field is inhabited by "Psirens" genetic engineered alien creatures that telepathically lure the ship's crew on the asteroids and suck out their brains.
ImageImage
"I'm back ..... and I'm bad......obviously within certain preset parameters!"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks for this one smeeeg_heeeed, just added it to the notes for this weeks cast :)
Lisetta
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Lisetta » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Here is my synopsis for Legion. It is one of my all time favourite episodes (and my favourite in season six) so it was no chore watching it again :mrgreen:

As Starbug continues to chase after Red Dwarf, the Cat announces a swirly thing alert.
The ship is pulled into a suction beam which takes them to an empty space station. They are soon greeted by Legion, a mysterious man in a mask. He impresses them with his knowledge and by changing Rimmer into a hard light hologram. Certain that Legion would be able to get them back to Earth, the crew unsuccessfully try to convince him to come along with them. Legion refuses but he invites the crew to live in the station and promises to give them everything they desire. Suspicious of his motives, the Dwarfers try to escape but they are caught. In the struggle Lister knocks off Legion’s mask. It is revealed that he is a gestalt entity; a combination of the four of them taken from their collective subconscious. Kryten figures out that the only way to stop him is to knock out the crew. After the Cat, Rimmer and Lister are unconscious, Legion is reduced to becoming a duplicate of Kryten. Because the life of a human is more important than a mechanoid, Legion is compelled to help Kryten to carry the crew back to Starbug.
" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?"
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Awesome and cheers!! :)
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 pm

had to do this one as it was my favourite episode as a kid

Starbug stumbles upon a battleship carrying on-board murderous cyborgs called "Simulants". When the "Simulants" infect Starbug with a virus and Starbug heads on a collision course with a volcanic planet. Lister, Cat and Rimmer connect Kryten to a Artifical Reality game set and Lister, Cat and Rimmer enters Kryten's dream of the wild-west, as they set out to help Kryten to fight the virus.

even have a few over analytical moments from the episode for the 1st time since starting to listen to the scuttercast
ImageImage
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Cool. I think theres only you and Lisetta writing these....:)
Lisetta
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Lisetta » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:43 pm

That's okay. I really enjoy doing them and I get a kick out of hearing them on the podcasts :mrgreen: .
" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Awesome ! and thanks to you both :)
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Lisetta wrote:That's okay. I really enjoy doing them and I get a kick out of hearing them on the podcasts :mrgreen: .
me too oddly
ImageImage