Synopsis

Use this section to discuss the ScutterCast podcast
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Synopsis

Postby D5120 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:31 pm

As you may or may not know, at the beginning of every scuttercast we give a brief synopsis of each episode to a, outline the story for people who haven't watched the episode, and b, for people who have watched the episode, it's just a quick recap.

From the beginning of series 5 (next episode) we are give YOU the chance to create the synopsis.

eg, the next episode is Holoship, so if you feel like writing a few lines that sums up the episodes, we'll read it out at the beginning of of the episode and give you credit. What I also plan to do is add the synopsis to themain site for all to see

What do you think ?
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Re: Synopsis

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:29 pm

As it happens just watched that episode last night so here goes sorry if its a bit longwinded

Another normal day around Red Dwarf when Starbug finds a ship that reads no mass or density, a Holoship called the Enlightenment, and it abducts Rimmer. Rimmer offers a challenge to any member of the Holoship to take thier place aboard it. Rimmer also finds love on the Holoship in the form of Nirvanah Crane who tells him of the wonder of sex. Rimmer returns to Red Dwarf (who just had a run in with Binks of the Enlightment) and asks Kryten to give him a Mind Patch which could either make Rimmer a genius or a dribbling wreck. Luckely for Rimmer (unluckely for the others) Rimmer is turned into a genius and sent back to the Enlightenment to run the challenge...against Nirvanah (chosen randomly). Rimmer's mind unpatches just as he's about to win and he runs back to the Dwarf where he's told be Kryten that he can't conduct another. Nirvanah quits the challenge and concede's to Rimmer (possible because she's fallen in love with him) but love is not the Hologram's way and Rimmer returns to Red Dwarf after giving up his place on the Enlightenment.
ImageImage
"I'm back ..... and I'm bad......obviously within certain preset parameters!"
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Cheers Smeeeg heeeed. We weren't sure if we'd get any takers for this idea....
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 am

to be honest you were lucky to catch me drunk just after watching that episode
ImageImage
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:51 pm

smeeeg_heeeeed wrote:to be honest you were lucky to catch me drunk just after watching that episode
That's PERFECT !

We'll use that for the next Scuttercast and give you credit :)

Right, who wants to do "The Inqusiter" ?
Lisetta
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Lisetta » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:11 am

I have had a go at writing a synopsis for Inquisitor. Sorry if it is a little long. I rewatched the episode this morning and thought I would try writing out a synopsis for fun but I had completely forgotten what a complicated episode it is. I hope it is alright.

Thomas Allman wakes to find the Inquisitor at his bedside. He is told that he has lived a worthless life and is then wiped from existence. In his place is an alternate Thomas Allman who had never been given the chance to live. Back on Starbug the Red Dwarf crew discovers they are no longer in control of the ship. Suddenly the Inquisitor speaks through Lister and explains that it is their time to be judged. Kryten explains that the Inquisitor is a droid who travels through time and judges the worthiness of every individual’s existence. If the crew is found to have lived lives without meaning they will be erased.

Back on Red Dwarf the judgement takes place and the Dwarfers are each judged by “themselves”. In the end two members of the crew are found to be unworthy. Rimmer and the Cat disappear but then the Inquisitor explains that they had been acquitted by their own low standards. Kryten and Lister are found guilty of not living up to their potential. He chains them together and deletes their existence in time. Just as he is about to erase their physical bodies, Kryten from the future appears and cuts off the Inquisitor’s gauntlet. He throws the gauntlet to Lister and just before being killed by the Inquisitor he says his final words: Enig.

Kryten and Lister try to move around the ship, but Holly does not recognise their palm prints and does not let them through. They are then discovered by the Cat and Rimmer but they have also forgotten who they are. They also run into an alternate Kryten and Lister but they are soon blown up by the Inquisitor. Using a severed hand to gain access to the ship, Lister and Kryten escape. Kryten figures out how the gauntlet works (using the enigma decoding system) and uses it to age their chains. They meet back up with the rest of the crew and Lister decides to take on the Inquisitor. The simulant kills Rimmer and the Cat. Just before Lister is about to be killed, Kryten “distracts” the Inquisitor and Lister freezes him in place with his gauntlet.

Kryten goes back in time to sacrifice himself. Lister dangles the Inquisitor by a rope over a chasm. He sets fire to the rope but then pulls him to safety. Lister gives back the gauntlet and tells the Inquisitor that he can no longer be erased. Otherwise there would not be anybody to save the Inquisitor’s life and he would die. The Inquisitor points out that he is wrong; without Lister his life would not have been in danger in the first place. The Inquisitor puts on the gauntlet and tries to erase Lister. However, Kryten has reprogrammed the gauntlet and it backfired; erasing the Inquisitor. All of the Inquisior’s work is undone and the Cat, Rimmer and Kryten reappear on Red Dwarf.
" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Brilliant !....it is a little long, but don't worry I'll get ori to read it out :).....unless smeeeg_heeeeed and Lisetta want to record them and send them in ?.....if not, don't worry.... ;)

Terrorform anyone ?
Lisetta
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Lisetta » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:20 am

BassJunkie wrote:Brilliant !....it is a little long, but don't worry I'll get ori to read it out :).....unless smeeeg_heeeeed and Lisetta want to record them and send them in ?.....if not, don't worry.... ;)

Terrorform anyone ?
Thanks :mrgreen: . I am not really equipped for recording so that is me out. If Ori could read it out that would be great. By the way, I honestly don't mind if you want to shorten it for the show. Do what you like with it. I am just happy to contribute to a show.
" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:31 am

I think looking at it, it's probably ok, Nik in his time has wrote longer ones I think :)
smeeeg_heeeeed
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby smeeeg_heeeeed » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 pm

BassJunkie wrote:Brilliant !....it is a little long, but don't worry I'll get ori to read it out :).....unless smeeeg_heeeeed and Lisetta want to record them and send them in ?.....if not, don't worry.... ;)

Terrorform anyone ?
i would record it but for one problem i hate the sound of my voice recorded and would never be able to listen to the episode but i will have a go at writing the synopsis for terraform and see how it goes
ImageImage