oriSTUDFARM's Podcast of the Week

Use this section to discuss the ScutterCast podcast
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: oriSTUDFARM's Podcast of the Week

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Episode 30

I've gone for a podcast that I discovered by accident whilst browsing iTunes "Listeners Also Subscribed to" for various podcasts......I can't remember the one that lead to it though!! :( This is one of the few podcasts that I have changed the tags for and saved it as an audiobook!! It can be downloaded from http://www.creationpodcasts.com/index.p ... ainkremmen and also found on iTunes. Kenny Everett was a genius radio DJ who I have heard a lot about. Unfortunately, his radio show was before my time and all I can remember is his slightly more tame TV show. Captain Kremmen was originally aired by Capital Radio in the 70's and is Kenny at his best. He does all the voices except for the recap which is done by Tommy Vance...one of Kenny's fellow DJ's. Each episode is about 5 minutes long....but squeezes so much story into such a short ammount of time. A lot of audio plays go on for too long....they could learn from Kenny!!
Anyone who wants to be entertained should download
Anyone who wants a good example of free internet entertainment should download
Anyone who........tell you what....just download it. F*****g fantastic!!
So good, it gets two images posted!! :D
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon May 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Episode 31

This week I have gone with a short and sweet one that won't take up much of your time. The Onion Radio news is done by The Onion Website which is a spoof news site. The podcast is basically a mock news anchorman reading out a spoof headline story. These podcast come out every day or two and last about 30-60 seconds. What we played on the episode was a whole episode.....I start most days with one of these just to try and put a smile on my face. There's not a lot else to tell you other than download from http://www.theonion.com or find it on iTunes.

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Episode 32

This weeks podcast is TV Cream podcast. It can be found at http://www.tvcream.co.uk/ or by searching iTunes for TV Cream Podcast. If you do go to thier site though, be warned. It is a big website of TV nostalgia....but the podcast page didn't immediately jump out at me....so prepare to go on a quest with it. I'm sure it's there somewhere....but I can't be ar53d wading through.

I first saw this on a Listeners Also Subscribed To on iTunes....can't remember what podcast that was for though!! Anyway, the podcast looks at pop culture/TV of the 70's and 80's (and some 60's and some 90's and lots more too!!) It isn't a scheduled weekly or monthly podcast. It's an "as and when" podcast so is easy to keep on top of. There have been 10 episodes total since Nov 08 (according to iTunes epsiode dates that is)....5 of them have been about general elections of both past and present and have been released over April and May. Prior to this, we've had episodes that looked at the UK TV at Christmas. Another looked at UK TV for the summer. We've had music and sci-fi and theme songs (I think)....but overall, it's all been very fun and very nostalgic. Nostalgia is one of my most favourite things!! All are fantastic tongue in cheek looks back at by gone ages of TV. They are also the most proffesional sounding produced podcasts I have heard...even more professional than most of the BBC ones. In fact, I could easily imagine hearing these broadcast on BBC radio 4.

So, don't delay. get downloading!! :)

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon May 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Episode 33

This weeks is Inappropriate Behaviour Podcast. This is hosted by Dave and Tobit and can be found at http://www.inappropriatebehaviour.co.uk/ I can't remember how I found this. It wasn't recommended and it wasn't linked to via any of my forums. I think I just stumbled across the name and thought, Sounds like my kind of thing. It is like most podcasts out there. Just a couple of guys chatting....lots of verbal abuse aimed at each other etc...

What makes this stand out for me, is the topics they talk about. They seem to have the same tastes as me when it comes to movies, TV shows, comics etc.... They talk about gadgets and useful websites etc... Tobit always plays a song from an obscure My Space band. Very similar in topics to Darrens ubergeek blog....Plus you get to hear Tobit accuse Dave of being over familiar with pigs....what more could you ask for!!

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Episode 34

This week, I'm going with the South Philly Paulcast. The last podcast of the week was Inappropriate Behaviour and I found the SPP through thier "Listeners also subscribed to" on iTunes. Now his podcast is very similar to the promo he did for us. He sounds like a New York cabbie and he basically just talks to you the listener about South Philly Pauls life. He has done episodes as a satnav's voice. One that was just answer machine messages back and forth between him and another podcast host. There was a Star Trek spoof one. They are released infrequently, don't run for too long and are always funny as hell.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Episode 35

This weeks podcast is one of my favourite Doctor Who podcasts. I have tried a few over the last year or so, but didn't really get on with too many of them. I loved Doctor Who Online until Tony "left". But it wasn't the same without him. I listened to the Flashing Blade, but it wasn't quite the same. Problem is, there is so much choice. Now Tim's is the perfect one for me. They are short, informative and get straight to the point. No over analysis, just a genuine enthusiasm. Back when I was on Twitter, I think I did a Twitter search for scuttercast and came across one from Tim saying "listening to scuttercast". I followed and he followed back. We had a few back and forth messages...but it was months before I realised he had his own podcast. Tim, you really should tweet more about it!! There are 2 feeds. The old episodes can be found at http://tto.mypodcast.com/ These are upto January 2010. After this, he changed to http://timstakeon.libsyn.com/ This starts with a run down of each Doctor first to tenth, I think. Then an immediate reaction to each of Matt Smiths episode. He uploads recordings from conventions and fan gatherings. There was a Who locations pub crawl a while back on the old feed. He recites public twitter opinions...just really good. Straight to the point Doctor Who podcast.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Episode 36

I heard about this from Bucho, one of the Simply Syndicated forum users. He invited me to participate on the list forums "3 word game" thread. This actually goes on to form the "storytime" segment of the show.

It is immature, not safe for kids toilet humour. I love it.

The List is basically lots of funny little skits, songs, a section called "retard reviews" and then we get the list itself, some of which you can hear in the promo....and of course, there's the forum written Storytime. I sometimes contribute audio to the show.

This section lasts upto half an hour, and then the rest is made up of a Skype conversation between Digitaltopia and his buddy, Stub-a-dub. They usually talk about games, Sci-fi, Movies, books etc... The phone conversation section may not be for everyone, but stick with it at least once. I always find myself cracking up at where their conversations lead.

http://www.digitaltopiashow.com/?page_id=6
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Episode 37

A Different Point Of View. These are the comedy accounts of Stormtrooper TK-0013. He gives us, the listener, a stormtroopers view about bad aiming. Thuggish Jedi behaviour. Order 66. Mediclorans and a whole host of other things. Everything addressed from the point of view of a stormtrooper. Absolutely hilarious.

There are 2 feeds on iTunes. One is the podiobooks version which is only 15 episodes long. The full version has these 15 episodes and 9 more. Make sure you get the 24 episode version. Each episode is only about 5 minutes long and it doesn't take long to rip through them.....absolutely hilarious!! (I know I keep repeating that phrase.....but it's true!!)

This can be downloaded from http://www.adpov.net/adpov-archives/

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Episode 38

Hamish and Andy podcast. Now our Australian listeners will already know who Hamish and Andy are. They are a pair of radio DJ's who's show puts out this "best of" podcast every weekday. I got rid of all my professional radio show podcasts a while ago prefering to listen to the home produced podcasts such as this or Simply Syndicated or whatever. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of this though.....Hamish is an absolute nutter. The tricks and antics they get upto really crack me up and I can't recommend it enough.

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/shows/hamishandandy/listen
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Episode 39

The Martians Are Here Podcast. This can be found on podbean at http://themartiansarehere.podbean.com although I believe they now have their own site up and running at http://themartiansarehere.com

This is a serialised sci-fi story by Australian author, Stefan Sawynok. Quite dark and quite original. I'm loving it and highly recommend to all fans of sci-fi. It is read by Rick Moyer from the Take Him With You podcast. He also provides all the music production. The main story has about 12 more episodes to go and should be done about christmas time. Next year, the plan is to do 2 main stories, the second one being another installment of The Martians Are Here story.

There have also been guest writers who have released their own single episode sci-fi stories on the Martians Are Here feed. These guest stories are absolutely fantastic. Please listen. I'm sure they'll peak your interest.

These guest writers all hail from the treks In Sci-Fi forum.
Meds from Waffle On podcast has a story called Once A Jolly Swagman. Very dark.
Jen from The Anomaly Podcast did an amazing kiddies sci-fi called Little Bit Of Trouble. I loved that one as well as the kids
Mike Featherstone who has guest hosted Treks In Sci-Fi wrote Pyramid. This is a real traditional style sci-fi story and was amazing!

ImageImage
Image Image