Favorite "weird" comfort food

We all eat it, so lets talk about it
papa smeg
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Favorite "weird" comfort food

Postby papa smeg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:50 am

Sometimes ... when I'm feeling lonely and the weight of the world seems to be all around me ...

...I cook up a 1/4 pound of diced bacon, remove it when crispy, scramble up a couple of eggs in the leavings and pour in a couple of cups of cooked rice with the bacon and some soy sauce to make one of my favorite comfort foods:
Bacon Fried Rice.

... DON'T JUDGE ME !!
Last edited by papa smeg on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madam Flibble
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Favorite "weird" comfort food

Postby Madam Flibble » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Sounds nice, I'd swap the eggs for cheese tho, mmmm, cheese!!!
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Anything unhealthy for me. Particular favourites are...

Nuked Cheese Sandwich- Normal cheese sarnie, but before you put the lid on, microwave the slice that has the cheese on it for about a minute. Pour on loads of either/or (works with one or both) Heinz ketchup and/or HP brown sauce. Put the lid on and flip it so the non-soggy slice is acting as the firm base

Pasties/Pies- Heated or cold, you can't go wrong with a pie or a pasty. Although, I must admit, if it is a gravy type filling ie Ginsters Peppered Steak, I get some weird satisfaction at eating them cold. I love turning my machine heaters up on full in my cab at work. To the point where it is totally uncomfortable for me and having the blower turned onto a plastic bag hanging from my cab hook with a pie inside. Glorious!!

Cadburies Boost and a Dr Pepper- I love this combination....and have them regular!!

Left over chicken sandwich- Cold left over chicken, loads of butter/marg on the bread and LOADS of salt. To the point where you can hear/feel the salt crunch. Not healthy, but hey! What you gonna do!!

Any microwave frozen food. Micro chips are for emergency only, but micro-pizza!! Thats something else. All others come somewhere between these two extremes

Toaster Pockets- Not seen these for years, but Toaster Pockets were frozen pastries with either cheese and ham, or...erm...some tomatoey type pizzary type filling...I can't remember. I really enjoyed the cheese and ham flavour!! They were frozen and needed popping into a toaster, requiring the same length of time as it takes to turn bread into toast!

Pot Noodle- I am a Pot Noodle fan. I love the Chicken and Mushroom and Beef flavours. But also used to love having either the Curry or the Spicy flavours....and dunk Cheese and Onion French Fries into them!!

Cheeseburger with a Fried Egg on- Used to get these when I worked in Scunthorpe. Get to work, if lorries were waiting to be loaded, we'd drive down to Scunthorpe United's football ground to a mobile burger/breakfast van. We'd always ask for a cheeseburger and ask them to lob a fried egg on it!! Mega-ecstacy-bliss!!
papa smeg
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby papa smeg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:00 pm

AND THE WEIRD COMFORT FOOD AWARD GOES TO ......

ori-STUDFARM !!!...by a mile

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :? =D> =D> =D> =D> #-o =D> =D> :( =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 pm

One I eat the most of though is buscuits. Some would say thats not unusual...but I'm a dunker! Still not unusual enough for ya? I dunk them in cordial drinks. Orange or (preferabley) dilute Blackcurrant or Summer Fruits. Most people are sickened when I do this, but trust me! Georgeous!!
papa smeg
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby papa smeg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Back to back award winner :

ori-STUDFARM !!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> :( =D> #-o =D> =D> =D> [-( =D> =D> =D> ](*,) =D> =D>

... pray tell ... Did you ever do any freelance writing for Lister's dialogue ?
Holly
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Holly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 pm

LOL thats brilliant xDD !!!!

I used to know someone that dunked hula hoops in their tea... ew salty.

My comfort food is the fried rice+curry sauce+chips special at my chinese. They squish it all into 1 tub and it costs £2.60 mmmmmmmmmmm :shock:
AJR <3 !!
~"Give Quiche A Chance"~
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby Jake Bullet » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 pm

toasted bread, with cheese and peanut butter filling :)

Most go with Peanut Butter and Jam (Or "jelly" for out american friends - "PEanut Butter Jelly time" :D ), but Peanut Butter and Cheese - Food fit for Rimmer when he is in Lister's body :D
Holly
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Holly » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Oh my gosh that is rlly weird xD peanuts & cheese =D> hillarious hahaha

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm i'll agree with rimmer on the mash potato tho !! When me and my friend had the red dwarf marathon, we made a GIANT plate of mash potato with a whole jug of gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
AJR <3 !!
~"Give Quiche A Chance"~
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby Jake Bullet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Did you dive into the mash though, face first? :D