What are you thoughts - did you like it? (Poll)

Did you like it

Loved it, classic dwarf
20%
A little disappointed, but might get better
57%
Disappointed, might not bother with the rest
23%

Total votes: 30
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

What are you thoughts - did you like it? (Poll)

Postby Jake Bullet » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:30 am

Personally, I was disappointed, though there were some funny moments, it just isn't quite the same, but you gotta expect that I guess - 10 years is quite a gap. I am sure it will pick up in parts 2 and 3. Oh, and I thought it was 3 1 hour specials - last night was only 30 minutes, did I get that right? Or did I fall asleep? :lol:

So, what are your thoughts?
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: What are you thoughts - did you like it? (Poll)

Postby Jake Bullet » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:37 am

Oh, and did anyone notice that, as it was on Dave TV, the title of the channel at the top left of the screen was not "DAVE", but "DAVE Lister" :lol:
Gizmo
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Leaning on the bar, being bombarded with jokes and fiddling with a blow up Parrot.

Postby Gizmo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:11 pm

^^ Lol no i didn't notice that DAVE lister thing - i'll have to look for that tonight!

Well i voted for loved it but i'm not sure i'd go as far as describing it as classic dwarf! :?

I think it was better than some of my less favourite episodes (which I mostly still love). I do admit I have a hard time saying there's anything I don't like about RD (except maybe a few series 7 & 8 eps), but I did enjoy the ep last night and I did LOL quite a few times, as it's only the introduction I really wouldn't say that i'm disappointed.

On the other hand I do hope that the next two eps give us a bit more explanation as to what's happened over the past 9 years and give us plenty more chance to see the guys playing of each other a bit more. If they don't then i might move my vote to disappointed.
There's nothing contemporary about wisdom.
There's nothing common about sense. - Rob Grant

sampledred
Canary
Canary

Postby sampledred » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 pm

pretty disappointed, I have Loved the Dwarf since i was very young, and am horrified that one of the great British comedies has been turned in parody of it's once hysterical self, and those horrifying silences after the jokes, where's the laughter that provides the atmosphere? i may be geek but I've always been a proud fan, i grew up playing games with my brother memorizing the space core directives, and having to give the right directive for the right number, and to go from such love to see it being a turned in to a joke to be honest has really upset me. :(
Quiche

Postby Quiche » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Part one was not bad, a nice introduction but part two was terrible....
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Quiche wrote:Part one was not bad, a nice introduction but part two was terrible....
WHA.....!! Couldn't disagree more
Silicon heaven
Canary
Canary

Postby Silicon heaven » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:24 am

I'm still not liking it yet. Some nice nods to Bladerunner in there but so far the rest of it seems like a complete rip off of the League of gentlemen apocalypse film. Plotwise it's more or less identical.

Part 3 had better be pretty damn stellar to pull this one back from the brink. Fingers crossed.
Smeg_head
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Smeg_head » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 am

not overly disappointed, just extremely excited to c them on screen again. the 2nd part was better, hopefully the 3rd will beat that. :)
And Kryten, you are indeed a hcachum babow, or smart alec metal git.
Gizmo
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Leaning on the bar, being bombarded with jokes and fiddling with a blow up Parrot.

Postby Gizmo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm feeling very pleased that I voted 'loved it' now. :D
There's nothing contemporary about wisdom.
There's nothing common about sense. - Rob Grant

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Yes I enjoyed it, but had voted for not sure!! I thought poll was on episode 1 only :(

Overall, it was okay. Theres plenty of better Dwarf episodes, theres also plenty of worse. Episode 2 was my favourite and goes in as absolute classic dwarf!! Was a tad dissappointed with the end, though relieved that it didn't change the whole concept. They are still 4 lonely guys in deep space!!