Season 7

Which is your favourite episode from Season 7 ?

Tikka to Ride
29%
Stoke me a Clipper
21%
Ouroboros
No votes
Duct Soup
4%
Blue
29%
Beyond a Joke
4%
Epideme
8%
Nanarchy
4%

Total votes: 24
Dyl
1st Technician
1st Technician

Postby Dyl » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:25 pm

I think they reacted too easily to Rimmer's supposed death in that one. I mean, yeah, they're supposed to hate him and all. But it just seems like they've been through so much and when Kryten and the Cat hear that a knight from the AR machine is what finally "killed" his hardlight body they're quite calm.

I don't know. Maybe I think about these things too much.
Richard Dawkins wrote:Scientific beliefs are supported by evidence, and they get results. Myths and faiths are not and do not.
Mrs Arnie Rimmer
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Mrs Arnie Rimmer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:01 am

It's been a little while since I seen Episode 7. I do plan on getting these on DVD, but I have other things to get with my money... I also liked Tikka To Ride, I thought that was extremely funny.

"I can teach you to brew fame; bottle glory, and even put a stopper in death!"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:38 pm

Dyl wrote:I think they reacted too easily to Rimmer's supposed death in that one. I mean, yeah, they're supposed to hate him and all. But it just seems like they've been through so much and when Kryten and the Cat hear that a knight from the AR machine is what finally "killed" his hardlight body they're quite calm.

I'd agree, they did seem kinda chilled about it, but Dave knew it was Ace dying, Kryten isn't programmed for emotion and the Cat............just as long as it didn't effect him, he wasn't really bothered, lol :lol:
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby Jake Bullet » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:06 am

Paradox wrote:
Dyl wrote:I think they reacted too easily to Rimmer's supposed death in that one. I mean, yeah, they're supposed to hate him and all. But it just seems like they've been through so much and when Kryten and the Cat hear that a knight from the AR machine is what finally "killed" his hardlight body they're quite calm.

I'd agree, they did seem kinda chilled about it, but Dave knew it was Ace dying, Kryten isn't programmed for emotion and the Cat............just as long as it didn't effect him, he wasn't really bothered, lol :lol:
The Cat's line "I was only insulting him just this morning" :D

The funeral scene was quite moving. I remember watching an interview about series 7, and Craig Charles was saying about the influence of American sitcoms and the popularity of RD in America, that American sitcoms allow for sad moments in their comedies, so Red Dwarf started having a few more sad moments (Tikka to Ride being one, where Kennedy walks off, que the sad music - and Kryten's druggie brother sacrificing himself for the crew and Don "Star Wars" Henderson as the maniacal simulant)

I would have preferred Chris Barrie to stay, but he had other things on, and if he was to leave, I think he left quite well.
Mrs Arnie Rimmer
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Mrs Arnie Rimmer » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:10 pm

Has anyone watched the unmade episode from Series 7.

It was storyboarded and it was one where Cat actually met a female Cat. And they had a committed relationship of twenty minutes... THAT episode would have been my favourite had they filmed it properly. I think it was inbetween Tikka To Ride and Stoke Me A Clipper as it had Rimmer in it all the way through.

I wished they had, but maybe that could what the film is all about... Cat's quest to find other Cats... it'd make a good film I reckon!

Oh, and I have to say I prefer Chloe Annette to Claire Grogan... sorry Captain Hollister, but she is what I imagine Chris to be more like in my head...

"I can teach you to brew fame; bottle glory, and even put a stopper in death!"
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby Jake Bullet » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:39 pm

Well, we all have our favourites, but I don't like it when they replace Actors/Actresses to play the same character (like they did with Holly, though hattie hayridge was OK), I just got sort of attached to CP Grogan.

Yeah, I saw the storyboard reading of the missing "Cat Episode". They would have filmed it, but they spent most of the budget on the other episodes, and they just could not afford it, so they filmed "Duct Soup" last, thought it was not shown last, because it cost almost nothing to make (it was pretty much all filmed inside a load of packing cases :D )

Did you watch Robert Llewellyn's behind the scenes video Catwoman?, that was funny. it was mostly behind the scenes of "Beyond a Joke".
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:08 pm

Catwoman wrote:Has anyone watched the unmade episode from Series 7.

It was storyboarded and it was one where Cat actually met a female Cat. And they had a committed relationship of twenty minutes... THAT episode would have been my favourite had they filmed it properly. I think it was inbetween Tikka To Ride and Stoke Me A Clipper as it had Rimmer in it all the way through.

I wished they had, but maybe that could what the film is all about... Cat's quest to find other Cats... it'd make a good film I reckon!

Oh, and I have to say I prefer Chloe Annette to Claire Grogan... sorry Captain Hollister, but she is what I imagine Chris to be more like in my head...
Yup I watched the storyboard episode it was mint, I think Chris Barrie voiced the entire thing. Pretty cleaver dude if you ask me.
Dyl
1st Technician
1st Technician

Postby Dyl » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:16 pm

I watched the storyboard as well. Though, I'm not sure it would have been such a great episode. I'm not sure why, but it seems out of place for Red Dwarf.
Richard Dawkins wrote:Scientific beliefs are supported by evidence, and they get results. Myths and faiths are not and do not.
bobafettish
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby bobafettish » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Best line in the series? Rimmers awful attempt "stoke me a clipper i'll be back for Christmas"
Rimmer: They've updated the whole smeggin ship!!!
Lister: Yer, it's Red Dwarf before the JMC made a few alterations.
Rimmer: Wow, they've even changed the bedroom from ocean grey to military grey!!!
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby Jake Bullet » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I think Beyond a Joke was my favourite. Kryten's jealousy was just so funny. Plus, it had Don Henderson in it (Star Wars Ep. IV New Hope, Imperial High General or something). I loved Kryten's line "He ain't heavy Sir, He's my brother".