Splinter Cell: Conviction (PS3)

Here's the section for all you Playstation Gaming
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Splinter Cell: Conviction (PS3)

Postby Dr McFisto » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:13 am

Yes before you ask it is coming out across the board, but the PS3 version apparently has something the others don't!

Now Sony claimed at the launch of the PS3, that you could link (via the Wi-fi) your PSP to your PS3 and use it with certain games, such as with Motorstorm it was supposed to act as a rear view mirror.

However this doesn't work, the PSP at best can only be used as a very basic and frustrating joypad with the PS3 on about 2 games!

But, Ubisoft have apparently fixed this, if you own a PSP, it apparently (Will Believe it when I see it) be Sam's in game PDA, so you would use it for the camera to look under doors, for maps, for messages just as Sam does in the game, and it will act as a very limited, basic and frustrating PS3 joypad!

Why is it Limited, Basic and Frustrating you ask, well like the PS2 the PS3 has 4 trigger buttons (R1+2 & L1+2) and 2 Analogue Sticks which also act as Buttons (R & L 3), the PSP only has 2 trigger buttons and one Analogue stick which doesn't act as an extra Button.

Also the PS3 Joypad is Motion Sensitive, like the Wiimote, this feature has been incorporated into almost every game so it can be taken that you'll be able to use the feature in the game somewhere, the PSP doesn't offer this.

Its a nice idea, and is a fantastic gimmick which almost justifies owning a PSP, just to put you more into the game but I still prefer the Standard Joypad.

For the game it's self haven't really heard much else as all the buzz seems to focus on the PSP link, its out early next year and hopefully will be a lot better than Double Agent, Chaos Theory set the bench mark let hope its return to form for the franchise ;)
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction (PS3)

Postby D5120 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:47 pm

I hope it works :)

Nintendo have the same idea with the Ds and the Wii........it only kind of works.
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction (PS3)

Postby Dr McFisto » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:57 pm

Yeah, there is talk of the same between the Wii and DS version too!
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!