Unreal Tournament 3

Here's the section for all you PC Gamers
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Unreal Tournament 3

Postby D5120 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Rob Of The Dead wrote:When it's up and running we will see who will emerge victorious, when you face the FIRE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION.............er..........Something something Dark Side! :roll: Yeah so there! :wink:
LMAO !!!

Madam Flibble wrote:
Totally agree, that's why I don't play much these days, can't afford a better PC, not right now anyway. Of course I've dabbled with various consoles but it's just not the same. :?
:) ;)
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:08 am

Expensive is the main word there the inter format online play that modern consoles are due to start offering makes on line gaming more accessible to folk who can't afford to build PC's up, plus there is the option with the PS3 and 360 of buying add on Keyboards and a Mouse so apart from the tower, there wouldn't be that much difference it would be like PC gaming through your TV, but without a PC!

The gap is getting smaller between what PC's and Games consoles can do, hell a guy in America wired his PS3 up to his car and it preforms the same job as that new gizmo from the peeps at BMW does, yep it drove it! And he played Resistance Fall Of Man all at the same time, making it the ultimate in I.C.E it really that powerful the 360 isn't that far behind either!
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:19 pm

Have 2 agree, the Xbox and PS are now just heavy duty PC's running thier own operating system, the only, and slight downside to PC gaming is that PC Game developers have to write for a variation of different specs of machines, where the Console writers just have 2 write for the one spec.
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:46 am

Yep, I did (back in the day) do a lot of PC gaming the Amiga got me into it a good launch platform of the day, i've still got Quake online which was used on dial up! (That's an experience for online gaming!), then it was around the time Black and White came out I got that, then realised I had to upgrade everything on my PC, would have cost in excess of £300 to do that so I went back to the consoles and got a N64, then a PSX and both of them didn't come to £300, I was getting the same graphics, and faster loading times so more gameplay.

Must admit though I do miss it sometimes, just can't be ar*ed with all the constant upgrades, it like Halo 2 will only run on Vista, my current PC wouldn't be able to handle Vista, the PS3 and Wii (to an extent) allows me back into the online gaming world without all the hassle of upgrades and having to update everything every few months.
Madam Flibble
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Postby Madam Flibble » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:28 am

My SS is really into Black & White, I can't see the appeal myself, perhaps I just don't have a God complex - lol Course he is in a real arse because Black & White 2 won't play on my PC, but I'm not upgrading it, I'm going to wait till I can afford a new one.
My personal faves are Thief and Half-Life, see I have to stick with the oldies - lol Never tried on-line gaming though as I obstinately refused to get the internet at home (when it's free at work :P ) but earlier in the year I had 2 months off sick and totally got withdrawal - lol So we have cable now. :D
kernov
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class

Postby kernov » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:34 pm

This is kinda the way im and me mates are starting to think about online stuff,

Which is getting rid of our pc/desk/chair etc and buying a laptop for about £400-500, which obviously wouldn be that great a gaming machine but just about do everything else. But console gaming online is really good nows days so we will game on that.

Also i think a pc set up in me living room looks so dated now and it would free up so much room.

Ive heard this idea more and more nowdays, what u all think???
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Have 2 agree with you all, After recently spending £1800 (in components) for an upgrade to mine and RB's machine, to get the best spec possible...........only to have a few months later, a slightly faster processor come out, and a slightly better DX10.1 Graphics technology get releases..........kinda sux balls !............but I've got to admin, I'm still a diehard PC Gamer :)

Lets be honest, can you imagine a C&C game being played with a remote ???
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:03 pm

I had a mouse set up with my 360 for Tiberian Sun, apart from the fact it was on a 32'' Wide screen TV couldn't really tell the difference between that and other's i'd played on the PC before, I was thinking of getting a mouse for the PS3 and the keyboard as then I do basicly have a gaming PC, and once the cross format interplay is fully set up, I doubt many will be able to tell who's on a PC and who's on a PS3 or 360.

I'm looking forward to it, as i've just found out the PS3's Net Play is free apart from the Monthly broadband charges!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 pm

Rob Of The Dead wrote:I had a mouse set up with my 360 for Tiberian Sun, apart from the fact it was on a 32'' Wide screen TV couldn't really tell the difference between that and other's i'd played on the PC before, I was thinking of getting a mouse for the PS3 and the keyboard as then I do basicly have a gaming PC, and once the cross format interplay is fully set up, I doubt many will be able to tell who's on a PC and who's on a PS3 or 360.

I'm looking forward to it, as i've just found out the PS3's Net Play is free apart from the Monthly broadband charges!
Lemme know how you get on :)
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Will do as according to certain sites this year see's the release of the console versions of WOW, COH and COV all linked the site.