Red Bubble T-Shirts

Post your adverts in here, eg. Ebay, Comedy Clubs, etc etc.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Red Bubble T-Shirts

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm

I've got a few friends who create T-shirts on Red Bubble. And, wanting a unique T-shirt myself, I took a look at it last night. Downloaded GIMP (free art and image creator) and started playing about....This is what I made. I'm actually kinda impressed. I am an absolute techinical numpty...and most of my time was taken up with simple actions that others would be able to do in a second. (Basically, I spent all night trying to create a 2400x3200 image with a clear background!!

Anyway, I managed it....what do you guys reckon? And any suggestions for anything else?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/ori-stu ... ?p=t-shirt

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Red Bubble T-Shirts

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Okay. A couple more added....I was worried that the design wouldn't show on a black shirt, so did a different coloured one specifically for darker t-shirts...

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm

These two have been removed after a complaint from Lucasfilm...one I'm not going to dispute. Even though I didn't use any logo's and kept it to a basic silhouette and even though there are over 4000 other Star Wars images that breach a hell of a lot more than that!!

**le sigh**
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Slightly perturbed at being down to one design again....and a design that, given the choice, I would do very differently (although I have ordered one!). I've just knocked this one up in about an hour...Getting quicker!

karnie
Canary
Canary

Postby karnie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah... LucasArts is the ONE company you don't want to mess with... even though it's in their best interest to let fans create artwork for the franchise (who can do it 1,000 times better than anything done by LucasArts in the last 10 years), they're notorious for being tight-assed about their property. I'm surprised they haven't sent a C&D on your AT-AT GIF... =)
Art Director/Co-owner
Author of the upcoming Unauthorized Red Dwarf Encyclopedia
http://www.hassleinbooks.com
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:10 pm

I've been watching these come through the RSS feed, there's some good work here fella :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm surprised how quickly I'm learning. Finding it easier after each one and getting a better idea of what I would do differently....I may go redo the DivaDroid one. Although, I have already ordered one of those. Ready for DJXVII
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Okay....I've added a couple more. And I can definitely see an improvement as I'm starting to get my head around the GIMP editing software...

I also resubmitted the darth designs as new pieces with different tags and titles...and guess what? Been up a week without a comment
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Incidently, I found the Trooper image on a supposedly royalty free site that tells you to share and profit from this free art...

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 pm

I've gone for another...but was struggling for inspiration that wasn't Star Wars related!! The other day I read a 3 comic mini series called WE3 about experimental cyborg enhanced animals manufactured for use by the military. It was very reminiscent of Richard Adams' 'The Plague Dogs' and I loved it.

I was only playing around and ended up with this that I really liked. So I bunged it up on Red Bubble!