X-Men and Avengers

You have a question, and hope another member has the answer, here's the place.
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

X-Men and Avengers

Postby Martin the Skutter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:26 pm

I've been told that in the comic books X-Men and The Avengers are aware of each other, but what about the films. I don't think I've heard either be mentioned in the other. In the original X-Men film it stated it was in the near future but didn't specify a date. But as the Avenger films were after X-Men is this the near future or have will still got time to go?
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: X-Men and Avengers

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm

I may be wrong (too lazy to Google) but I think the franchises belong to and are produced by different studios. So until the character rights return to Marvel, there won't be any kind of crossover. Different worlds and all that. Thats why they've been looking at characters like Antman and that Panther rip off of Batman... The other 'top tier' characters rights aren't with Marvel
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:38 am

ori-STUDFARM wrote:I may be wrong (too lazy to Google) but I think the franchises belong to and are produced by different studios. So until the character rights return to Marvel, there won't be any kind of crossover. Different worlds and all that. Thats why they've been looking at characters like Antman and that Panther rip off of Batman... The other 'top tier' characters rights aren't with Marvel
Spot on Ori, before Marvel Studios went all in house, the rights to to several comics were optioned by 3 main studios Sony, Universal and FOX.

After the disappointment that was Spiderman 3 and the success of Batman Begins, the Marvel bought back most of the titles from the studios that were willing to sell, however FOX wanted to see its contract with Marvel out which lasts until 2020.

Fox currently owns the rights X-Men and Fantastic Four (Which is getting a reboot too), but in the case of X-Men only 15% of the characters which is why you wont find reference to Wolverine, Cyclops ect in the others, but also why FOX spat its dummy out when Marvel announced that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were to be in Avengers Age of Ultron, they are a MAJOR part of both X-Men and Avengers Cannon as both were original members of the Avengers and are Magneto's children.

It's also why Marvel had to remove an Image of The 4 on the roof of the Baxter Building from a Shot in the Incredible Hulk!

Antman is been brought in as he was also an Original Avenger as was Black Panther, but he was in no way shape or form a rip off of Batman he made his debut looking very different to the modern day version and was more akin to the Phantom, from the 1920's.

Marvels answer to Batman was and always will be Iron Man, the millionaire playboy who through an incident was changed and dedicated himself to preventing anyone else experiencing what happened to him.
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

Postby Martin the Skutter » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for clearing this up. I've always seen Iron Man as Marvels answer to Batman and for the same reasons. Jarvis is essentially Stark's Alfred.