Website Makeover: Have your say.

You want something changing or you have an error, post it here.
Legion
Site Admin
Site Admin

Website Makeover: Have your say.

Postby Legion » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 pm

I think it's about time that the main page got a make over. Even though it functions correctly and does it's job, I think it's a bit dull, and kind of clumbsy to navigate. Since last March when I built the site, I've learnt a lot, and hoping to put it to good use.

Over the coming months, I'm planning on doing a full makeover of the site, so this is your chance to have your say.

What more would you like from the site ?

Throw me some ideas and I'll see about adding them to the site.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:03 pm

I'd like to see a Download section for images and stuff.

I think it'd be pretty cool to be able to download RDF backdrops (wallpaper).

Also, not sure if the episodes are available on youtube, or something like? it'd be pretty cool to be able to watch the episodes straight from the site.
kernov
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class

Postby kernov » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi fella,

Cant think off any improvements to suggest , as everything seems to work fine for me :D , will have a think tho :wink:
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:14 pm

kernov wrote:Hi fella,

Cant think off any improvements to suggest , as everything seems to work fine for me :D , will have a think tho :wink:
Nice one dude.

Me thinks it's the main page that's getting a make over as it is kinda ........dull......well that's wot I think anyway.
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby Jake Bullet » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:30 am

I preferred the original layout when I first signed up. From what I can remember, it had a star sort of background, and was slightly darker overall. I preferred that sort of look.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:57 am

Jake Bullet wrote:I preferred the original layout when I first signed up. From what I can remember, it had a star sort of background, and was slightly darker overall. I preferred that sort of look.
Are you refering to the forum itself ? if so, that's not going to change for a while, and I believe to be phase 2 or maybe 3 ?

From what I've been told, the work on the main site http://www.reddwarfforum.com will start today (hangover permitting), and continue for a couple of weeks.

Phase 2 shall start a couple of weeks after, which will be a makeover of the forum, and making it look visually like the main page.

Phase 3 (now this is where I need to get my ass in gear) is the new and improved ADR mod, which will be the Dwarf one, I've been told I've got about a month to finish it, before Legion wants to make it live.

Phase 4.....tbc
kernov
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class

Postby kernov » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:21 pm

with all these 'phases' going on will there be more downtime?
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:57 pm

kernov wrote:with all these 'phases' going on will there be more downtime?
Apparently not..........well maybe for a few minutes during the uploads, but apparently Legions been busy brushing up on his web skills, so he's now working smarter ;)
Talkie_Toaster
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby Talkie_Toaster » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Bass Junkie wrote:I'd like to see a Download section for images and stuff.

Also, not sure if the episodes are available on youtube, or something like? it'd be pretty cool to be able to watch the episodes straight from the site.
All that seems pretty cool!

What about a wiki? We could call it WikiDwarf or something. I mean, It'd be great to have all the info in one place. The unofficial episode guides could go on there, plus all the trivia there must be :P
"Give a man a fire and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life..."

Lemon Demon is pretty damn awesome music. I'm on the forums there too. Click the link. CLICK IT!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Talkie_Toaster wrote:
Bass Junkie wrote:I'd like to see a Download section for images and stuff.

All that seems pretty cool!

What about a wiki? We could call it WikiDwarf or something. I mean, It'd be great to have all the info in one place. The unofficial episode guides could go on there, plus all the trivia there must be :P
I'm agreeing with you with the WikiDwarf :) That'd be a great idea, but loads of work for Legion me thinks......guess well have to see how he gets on.