Torrenting Query

Seen something on TV you wanna discuss
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Torrenting Query

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:24 pm

As most of you know, I am partial to a bit of torrenting when keeping up with TV shows. This is mostly for conveniences sake. Sometimes it's easier to subscribe to an RSS feed and have it automatically on my tablet than to actually stream stuff officially (especially with my WiFi). It avoids me being spoilered by our later UK airdates and, more often than not, it gets me watching and buying boxsets of shows I normally wouldn't have gotten around to. A lot of these shows I've missed the first half dozen episodes and it allows me to catch up and get into instead of just not bothering with a show... In fact, I am a prime example of somebody who's torrenting is to the benefit of the TV execs and producers... At least, those that bother to make half decent shows.

So, torrent sites are being targeted and blocked by the main UK ISP's... It's a real pain in the butt to have to Google "TPB PROXY" instead of just "TPB". (Yeah, it's laughable that the proxy sites appear with in hours of a site blockage....a blockage that took weeks to get!)

I get most of my shows via an EZTV proxy. The RSS subscription makes it easy to automatically download the next episode with out looking to see if it's aired yet or remember what shows are back when... The problem I've found is that my existing RSS feeds work fine. But I can't find any RSS feeds for any new shows I want to subscribe to. The RSS button on the Pirate Bay Proxys isn't working and EZRSS isn't connecting either.

Anyone know where any active RSS's are going?
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Torrenting Query

Postby D5120 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Only this week I've found myself moving away from newsgroups and back to torrents as the TV shows are getting pulled within hours and this was getting annoying.

I've gone back to on old piece of mac software called TVShows app. This handles all the RSS work for you and simply downloads the latest episode from known sources.

As they use eztv and tpb in the background on their servers, it's not blocked.

Granted this doesn't help you, but their method if bypassing the blockages does.

Not sure if you've ever used Yahoo Pipes, if not is a way of creating RSS feeds based on certain input data. As I was attempting to add a show that wasn't already in their database, I had to jump through a few hoops, but it will probably work for you.

Below is a link to the 'how to' doc, all but the last paragraph will be relevant you, but works really well.

You may need to use one of the pirate proxy sites to get the uploading group name, but should work a treat.

http://support.tvshowsapp.com/kb/managi ... ahoo-pipes
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Did a little googling today, and I think I've found the perfect solution for you.

http://showrss.info

Basically, add your shows, and get a single RSS feed with the all in. I tried it today, so far, so good :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:30 pm

"Cool! Cool cool cool!"

I answered with a catchphrase of the show I was trying to add, Community. Brilliant little sitcom if you haven't yet watched it. Just got caught up and wanted to add the RSS for the new Season that just started airing :)
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

I was going to have a look at it, but 4 large seasons it quite a lot to pick up right now. Maybe when I've done Season 7 - 10 of Smaillville I'll give it a blast.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Don't forget they're only half hour episodes. I really flew through them....lots of "oh, just one more". Also, I think the last season was a short one. Do Breaking Bad first though...
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:22 pm

D5120 wrote:Did a little googling today, and I think I've found the perfect solution for you.

http://showrss.info

Basically, add your shows, and get a single RSS feed with the all in. I tried it today, so far, so good :)
Brilliant, cheers. I still glance daily at EZTV to see what shows are back and keep an eye on the RSS's I currently have on the go. Occasionally an episode doesn't download for some reason. But this site worked brilliant and am now up to date on Community. Definitely going out for the boxset I reckon. Great show