Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Seen something on TV you wanna discuss
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby D5120 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Well, I'm now 2 episodes in, and it's not currently as good as I'd hoped it would be. I know they are still character building, but it feels like something is missing?

Is anybody else watching it, and if so, what are you're thoughts?
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Loved the pilot and thought 'shame they couldn't have had Nick Fury in there to really solidify it in the Marvel universe of the movies'. Then I watched the second episode and loved it even more.

I like the little hints at stuff to be revealed in future ongoing plots. He can never find out stuff and Rising Tide etc...

I really dislike the two scientists. Their characters are too OTT. A bit too caricatured, if that makes any sense. Overall, a good family show though. Hopefully, they'll tie in a bit closer with some of the movies in the future... Maybe a Stark guest appearance or a Hulk episode. That could be real fun!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm hoping now the character introduction is over, we might get some awesome storyline. I would also love to see some cameo appearances, that would be awesome!
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

Postby Martin the Skutter » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm still uming and aring at it at the moment. Eitherway, I'm going to see to the end of the serise to see if it's any good. With any show it's going to stumble over the starting blocks a little.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:38 am

4 episodes in now, and it's still not gripped me. It feels very much like the 2008 Knight Rider to me.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:15 pm

It feels very family orientated with more emphasis directed at the younger. Which I'm okay with....but then they go and show needles going into eyes or use language that seems to be aimed at older audiences. Needs to make up it's mind. Is it for younger or for teens upward. If it's for teens upward, it needs to give us slightly more mature storylines.

Interesting you compare it to Knightrider 2008. This last episode actually made me consciously think to myself "It's like the A Team without the 80's specific cheese. Still cheesy....just not in an 80's way"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah, very much so. I personally think it's still trying to find it's feet, and still not sure Coulson is a strong enough character to be the lead.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Yeah....he's no Hannibal, thats for sure