The Following

Seen something on TV you wanna discuss
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

The Following

Postby Martin the Skutter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:23 am

I wasn't sure about it to begin with, but it is looking good. For those who don't know about it, it starts with a serial killer escaping from prison. The original FBI agent (played by Kevin Bacon) who was given a medical discharge, is brought in as a consultant. They eventually capture him and everything seams fine until they realise he has a following (hence the title). With the killers 'help' they begin to hunt his followers.

I've found it quite intriguing, but I do have one concern. As the missus pointed out, eventually all the followers will be caught, so what would they do for series two? I could only think of two possible ideas, one being that they end series one with the killer saying something like "You think they are the only ones" or something indicating there is more to capture, with would be cr@p. You can't really do that each series. Idea two was that they find another serial killer with a following. I suppose if they follow a different killer each series it would be better, but it seams at the moment the theme is the current killer making his capture jump though hoops. Would there be the same chemistry with another killer? Perhaps, who knows.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: The Following

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I've heard this is good but am yet to tune into it....

Remember Tombstone? That had a similar set up with the main character catching escapees from hell....unfortunately they ended that show before he caught the last soul. Such a shame as i loved it....
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I've heard this is good but am yet to tune into it....

Remember Tombstone? That had a similar set up with the main character catching escapees from hell....unfortunately they ended that show before he caught the last soul. Such a shame as i loved it....
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

Postby Martin the Skutter » Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Well the series has finished and I was slightly surprised by the ending. For those who haven't seen the end, I'll put the next bit in a spoiler thingy.
Spoiler:
I figured that either Joe or Rynn would die. So that wasn't a surprise, but what was surprising was the revelation Rynn basicly killed his fathers killer. Once Carroll was killed and everything turned "normal" I knew it wasn't the end, just wasn't sure who would stab him.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sat May 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Cheers...it's a ready to watch. But I've not watched it yet.

After seeing the penultimate episode last week I predict (i'm going to spoiler tag here in case you haven't watched this far)
Spoiler:
that Joe Carrol is actually dead. But his death triggers a whole army of sleeper cult members to go into action with a new plan. Probably with video messages from carrol for Ryan. This then gives them the option to Carrol's sequel novel post death for another series at least....oh, and I'm guessing that Carrol's wife will actually be killed by a cult member. This show seems to surprise you with who they killed off. Especially early on..
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class

Postby Martin the Skutter » Wed May 29, 2013 1:44 am

Well you were certainly right about the last bit. lol