The end of Miami...

Seen something on TV you wanna discuss
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

The end of Miami...

Postby Martin the Skutter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Well CSI Miami has started it's final series and when it finishes, I don't think I'll miss it. With the CSIs, it has always Vegas, NY then Miami when it comes to watching them. I would rather watch an episode of Vegas/NY that I've seen a thousand times compared to a Miami episode I may have only seen once or twice before.

I don't necessarily think it's bad because of the casting/characters (apart from Caine's constant on, off, on, off of his sun glasses. That got annoying quick.), as I think even if you had the cast/characters of Vegas/NY it would still be naff. Being the last one to be aired I think they originally thought "We're on a role, lets see if we can get three for three" but when it came to it the writing staff thought "Sod it, can't be arsed.". There has never seamed to be a story that hooked me.

So with it ending, what is next? A new CSI set somewhere else or are they just going to concentrate on Vegas and NY? If it's a new one, where will it be? Will they rob any of the Miami cast? If I remember rightly, the creator (always forget his name) said he would love to do one set in London. Will they do that? And if they concentrate on Vegas and NY, does this mean they will be getting better?
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: The end of Miami...

Postby D5120 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I perennially think they've burnt out the whole CSI idea. I've watched every episode of CSI Vegas, caught about half of the Miami episodes, and gave up after the first couple of NY.

With Vegas, a lot of the main cast have started to leave, and I think they're ready for wrapping that up too.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I don't know where CSI came from. One minute I was unaware of it....next it was all over the place! Every major city in the world with it's own Season. It was too much for to even attempt!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Erm, everything forks from the CSI Vegas, so you'll see the crossover episodes, and then Miami starts...same with the NY one.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Something that has just never interested me. Don't think I'll ever watch it...
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

There are 13 (full 24 episode) seasons. There's been some very interesting story arcs in it, but it's getting kinda long in the tooth.

There was actually an 2 part episode directed by Quentin Tarantino (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_Danger), which is a must watch!.....the rest are ok if you have time
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:35 pm

May have to watch that one...

....I've got the entire boxset of 24 to work through sometime too....
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

Postby Martin the Skutter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 am

D5120 wrote:There are 13 (full 24 episode) seasons. There's been some very interesting story arcs in it, but it's getting kinda long in the tooth.

There was actually an 2 part episode directed by Quentin Tarantino (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_Danger), which is a must watch!.....the rest are ok if you have time
I knew straight away which one you were on about, I really enjoyed that one. The cliffhanger at the end of part one really made me want to watch the next one.

I sort of see what you mean about winding it up. By the end of SG-1, there was only Carter, Teal'c and Jackson left in the main characters and pretty much only Siller and Walter left in the re-occurring characters. I know that was knocked on the head by the idiots, but maybe that's what they were thinking.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Agreed, personally I think SG1 was 2 seasons too long. They had a clear cut happy ending, then decided they needed a new enemy...and 48 episodes of meh! Although I grew to like the charactures, they weren't a patch on the original crew/story arc.
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class

Postby Martin the Skutter » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Exactly the same here. With CSI: Miami they have been changing the cast around so much it's hard to keep up. First Delco left, but he kept popping up then he was back. Then they had that chap for one series then they killed him off at the start of last series. Was there any point in him being there? I like Walter, but I thought the team was fine before he and the other guy joined.

With regards to Vegas, since Grissom left I think they have been trying to hard. They brought in Fishbourne and I thought it was naff. Now they have Danson and I think it's a lot better, but it seams that to fill the gap left by Grissom they have to fill it with a big name. THEN Catherine left and the bring in Elisabeth Shue. Do they plan to swap them all for big names.