Breaking Bad

Seen something on TV you wanna discuss
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Breaking Bad

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Really?!! I've been watching the most awesome show on TV since....since....like....ever! And I never started it's own thread!

This has had many mentions on other threads, but not had it's own. So consider this traversty righted!

For those that don't know, the show follows Walter White. Diagnosed with terminal cancer, having a large mortgage, having gone through life missing all his opportunities for success, and set to leave behind his pregnant wife and teenage disabled son with a ton of debt. This chemistry teacher genius does the only logical thing. Joins up with an ex-student and starts to cook crystal meth!

The Seasons show the downfall of Walt. From a good and honest hard working family man. He sinks further and further into the criminal underworld. Finding trouble with other local dealers, then regional big guys before finally crossing the Mexican Cartels and supplying the whole of Northern America.

The writer is a fan of Scarface and wanted to show a mild mannered family everyman turn into Tony Montana....and how he has succeeded. We have gone from loving Walt to being shocked by some of his actions. And this Season starts at a point where I don't think I even like him anymore!!

This show is possibly the best on TV ever. In fact, my top 5 lists always change. For the last year, The Wire, Dexter and Breaking bad have topped it consistantly. Not bad for a supposed sci-fi geek! Thats three crime based drama's!!
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Can I add that it is on Netflix and I highly recommend clicking the ad at the top of the page and signing up :)
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:12 pm

LOL, just noticed the ad too :)

I watched season 1 and loved it, and agreed, the first 3 seasons are currently on Netflix.

It was a gritty 'what would you do in his position' drama, and really look forward to watching the next couple of seasons.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:22 pm

You don't know how much I envy you having Season's 2 onwards still to go :)
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I've noticed that season 5 has started 'acquiring' so I better get my arse in gear :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh yeah. 5 is really starting out awesome....but I can't say anything till you catch up!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers to be honest, just the 'album art' is giving stuff away :s
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Vince Gilligan is almost certainly the most talented guy in his field of expertise out of the whole entire history of guys with fields!

Breaking Bad is not just up there with the best TV shows ever made. It isn't even a bit better than the best TV shows ever made. Breaking Bad is miles and miles ahead.

In fact, it is so far ahead of any other show ever made that if you could imagine, at least for a moment, Usain Bolt having a 200 metre race with an Emperor Penguin... and Usain Bolt is under the influence of many performance enhancing drugs... so many performance enhancing drugs that it will probably cost him a liver if not his life... and that the Emperor penguin is dead anyways.

Well Breaking Bad is further ahead of it's closest rival than even that!

Those series finale writers over on Dexter must be looking at the finale of Breaking Bad in the same way as a typical drug dealer would look over at Heisenberg's Blue Meth.

If you are one of those people who doesn't watch Breaking Bad....you are missing out BIG TIME.

I'm writing this and the show isn't even over yet!!
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Okay, it's over. And I have to agree with my previous post. No show has even come close. I am actually feeling really kinda bummed and saddened that this is it for Breaking Bad.

There is supposed to be a spin off show set before Breaking Bad following Saul. I'll definitely be watching it, but it's sure to be a pale comparison. More of a lighthearted show than the gritty emotional rollercoaster we just witnessed. It sounds like a bad idea. But with Vince Gilligan's name attached to the project, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... irmed.html
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Once I've finished with Enterprise, this is defo next on the list!. However it's not got to that time of the year where all the TV episodes are springing back into life!