I Didn't Know That Was Him/Her!!?

Seen something on TV you wanna discuss
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

I Didn't Know That Was Him/Her!!?

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 pm

I was listening to the wonderful StarBase 66 podcast the other day, and they pointed out that the actor that played Percy in Green Mile was also in X Files playing one of my favourite villians, Tooms. He is also in Lost as well....thats 3 things I've seen him in and NEVER made the connection!! I instantly thought, "we need a thread for this" as I am always missing actors/actresses I should know in a variety of programs...

Images in order are Eugene Victor Tooms from X Files, Percy from The Green Mile and finally, Horace in Lost. All played by Doug Hutchinson!!

I've done this in the TV section as I think the majority will have TV connections!!
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: I Didn't Know That Was Him!!?

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Here's another that I never noticed before it was pointed out to me the other week...

Jadzia Dax from Star Trek- Deep Space 9 was played by Terry Farrell. But, just before taking the DS9 job, she played the Cat in the second Red Dwarf USA pilot!!

Holly was played by Jane Leeves in both pilot's of Red Dwarf USA (I think it was both). She was made famous as Daphne in Frasier

D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Well, I never knew that !
Lisetta
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Lisetta » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 am

Speaking of Deep Space Nine (I have just started season two so I am very interested in learning who everybody is), did you know that Armin Shimerman (Quark) also played Principal Snyder on Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

The other surprise I found on IMDB was about Rene Auberjonois (Odo). He was the voice for Chef Louie in The Little Mermaid.
" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?"
Madam Flibble
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Postby Madam Flibble » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 am

Yeah I knew Terry Farrell was in the pilot, she was also in the 3rd Hellraiser film think it was, she was reeeeaaaally bad - lol.

There are quite a lot of Star Trek actors who turn up in various things, the most prolific I think is Jeffrey Combs who is not only in a whole host of films but plays 2 characters on DS9 (Weyoun and Brunt) and 1 on Enterprise (Shran). Always seems to play a nutter - Reanimator, House on Haunted Hill, The Frighteners.
ImageImage

Michael Dorn who plays Worf does a lot of cartoon voice overs, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, I'm not much of a fan of cartoons but know he's done LOADS more.

My beloved Andrew Robinson who plays Garak is also Scorpio in Dirty Harry and Larry in Hellraiser. He was also in an episode of the X-Files where he played a werewolf.
ImageImageImage

Surprisingly Patrick Stewart aka Jean Luke 'make it so' Picard does voice overs on American Dad! Avery Bullock-

I could go on and on and oooooooonnnnnnnnn lol. Sorry, I'm such a Star Trek geek - lol.
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Rene Auberjonois is also the bad guy in Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach :lol:
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 pm

This is an image of Lenny Von Dolan who played Miles (Moles) Harding in the 80's classic that was Electric Dreams. I discovered recently (whilst researching for the podcast) that he also appeared in Red Dwarf!!...Well....I knew he was in Red Dwarf....what I meant was that I never knew it was "Moles" from Electric Dreams!!

Sorry....couldn't find a clearer image

This is the chap though....although he now has white hair!!
Gizmo
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Leaning on the bar, being bombarded with jokes and fiddling with a blow up Parrot.

Postby Gizmo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 am

Wow I did not know that Horace and Tooms are the same guy. XFiles and Lost are 2 of my fave shows too. He looks completely different.
There's nothing contemporary about wisdom.
There's nothing common about sense. - Rob Grant

ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:10 pm

I always seem to miss these glaringly obvious ones that everybody else seems to know!!
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: I Didn't Know That Was Him/Her!!?

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:34 pm

I am currently watching the 2009 remaike of V. Not overly impressed....but was intersted when somebody pointed out that Anna is played by Morena Baccarin...the same actress who played Inara Serra (The Companion) from Firefly/Serenity