Another Rumour ???

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
henry_pote_ma
Canary
Canary

Postby henry_pote_ma » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:32 pm

That's really interesting, and I wouldn't actually mind it! The characters would have the same voices, which of course doesn't change - and gets around them looking all haggared now. It could be quite cartoony and stylish, which might work.

The things I saw were pretty protorealistic, I'm not sure how genuine they were. It was all presented like a real CGI trailer, with the digital slate at the beginning, and a number constantly showing the frames and seconds in the corner - like you see with in-prod movies. I'm not going mad cos I showed a friend when I saw them and he got very excited - I think he believes they are real.

Did anyone else see them?
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:11 pm

I haven't seen them myself but a friend emailed me a link to you tube for them but by the time I got on they had been removed.

Don't see why they couldn't do a CGI animated Movie, I mean the Technology used for the CGI in some of The Animatrix and the Final Fantasy films has come on in leaps and bounds over the past few years, it could look quite realistic, if they chose to make it that way.
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:02 pm

That'd be cool, and we can find out that Red Dwarf is actually a transformer :):):):)
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:33 pm

Hmmmm, a tie in for a possible crossover me thinks? :lol:
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:31 am

Rob Of The Dead wrote:Hmmmm, a tie in for a possible crossover me thinks? :lol:
LMAO ! Yup :)
henry_pote_ma
Canary
Canary

Postby henry_pote_ma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:21 pm

Its a shame I can't find those movies again - I desperately want to find out if they were real or not. The official forum on reddwarf.co.uk are being quite tight-lipped about something. I reckon something is going on but they're not telling us!!!

What makes it more annoying is there are so many fake movies on youtube claiming to be the official trailer for the reddwarf movie, with old clips, and the CGI from series 8 - but the ones I saw stood out so much from them, the graphics were similar to Serenity movie, but with Red Dwarf.

Annoyingly there were no cast scenes, which is good because if it did have some old clips we would know it's not genuine - but bad because it might mean that the original cast are not in the movie :-(

Maybe it will be full CGI.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:35 pm

I guess we can only hope that we get something :)
andyd

Re: Another Rumour ???

Postby andyd » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:26 pm

i really hate to say it but i dont think the movie will ever get of the ground, it sucks really because it would have been a chance to see the dwarf as it should be seen in full high budget glory
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:14 pm

andyd wrote:i really hate to say it but i dont think the movie will ever get of the ground, it sucks really because it would have been a chance to see the dwarf as it should be seen in full high budget glory
Unfortunatly I have to agree with you dude, and welcome to the forum :)
chezzamate

Postby chezzamate » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:02 am

hey if it aint a rumour then that means RD is coming to my back yard. HELL YEAH! WOOT!