What would you like to see happen in the movie ?

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
Jay
Canary
Canary

Re: What would you like to see happen in the movie ?

Postby Jay » Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Rob Of The Dead wrote:Maybe something to do with Turnips too??? :roll:
*suddenly gets the thought of a Blackadder/Red Dwarf crossover*

Anyway my ideas for the movie are as followed.
  • Rimmer and Lister bunk scenes defiantly need to be included, they are the essence of Red Dwarf. From the very beginning to the closing end.
  • Holly, either Holly is fine, even if they don't get loads of lines. Support characters shouldn't be shunned, if a building lacks support it falls over. Again, Norman's Holly is one of the essence of Red Dwarf, start and finish.
  • Hologram Rimmer rather than the Ressurected Rimmer. Everyone knows our hologram Rimmer is a failure over all the other Rimmers in different dimension and will suck at Ace, he should join the crew again... :P Ressurected Rimmer didn't quote ONE space core directive!
  • Lister and Kris should have a cheesy hollywood ending. Remember, we've got to appeal to those yankies for the movie to really get big.
  • The Submarine look isn't right for a movie, Officer's Quarters all the way (if they can incorperate it in somehow)
  • Base it off the lost Series VII episode Idendity Within? The only reason they abandoned the filming was because of lack of budgets. Hopefully when they get a budget for the movie they can film the episode that never was. This also means Cat gets his end away. Fingers crossed.
  • End it with the Dwarfers finally arriving back to Earth. Put our minds at rest.
"Just because I look like Hermen Munster's stunt double doesn't mean I can't appreciate art sir!"
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:02 pm

=D> Now that sounds like a bloody good movie :)
Parallel Universe
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby Parallel Universe » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:31 am

It does sound pretty good. I love the idea of having Hologram Rimmer rather than Imposter Ressurcted Rimmer.
Jay wrote:Lister and Kris should have a cheesy hollywood ending. Remember, we've got to appeal to those yankies for the movie to really get big.
I don't think so. I'm American, and I have several friends who watch the show who are American, and it would just be horrible of Red Dwarf were to even attempt to be that mushy. Besides, trying to Americanize it would make it a failure. It'd be like Red Dwarf USA.

Anyhow, I like Rob's idea for the movie. Hope they do something with your script, mate! :wink:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextrordinary!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:09 am

Parallel Universe wrote:It'd be like Red Dwarf USA.
LOL :D
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:55 am

Parallel Universe wrote:It does sound pretty good. I love the idea of having Hologram Rimmer rather than Imposter Ressurcted Rimmer.
Jay wrote:Lister and Kris should have a cheesy hollywood ending. Remember, we've got to appeal to those yankies for the movie to really get big.
I don't think so. I'm American, and I have several friends who watch the show who are American, and it would just be horrible of Red Dwarf were to even attempt to be that mushy. Besides, trying to Americanize it would make it a failure. It'd be like Red Dwarf USA.

Anyhow, I like Rob's idea for the movie. Hope they do something with your script, mate! :wink:
Why thank you, still heard nothing but as of 5 min ago i've funding for my 1st major project and the possibility of it been shown on a TV channel :D

.......If in 6 months we can produce a full length feature pilot! oh and it's animated!
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Rob Of The Dead wrote:
Parallel Universe wrote:It does sound pretty good. I love the idea of having Hologram Rimmer rather than Imposter Ressurcted Rimmer.

Why thank you, still heard nothing but as of 5 min ago i've funding for my 1st major project and the possibility of it been shown on a TV channel :D

.......If in 6 months we can produce a full length feature pilot! oh and it's animated!

Sweet ! and good luck :)
Infowun RD169

Postby Infowun RD169 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:36 am

Id like to see them make a movie using "Identity Within" The lost episode where the cat needs to get laid before he dies. I think this could make a great movie as long as Doug Naylour was involved and it was glammed up too much.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 am

I would love to see that made too :)
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Sounds like another Trek rip off to me :)