What would you like to see happen in the movie ?

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

What would you like to see happen in the movie ?

Postby D5120 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:32 pm

I'd like to see Lister and Kotchanski to get together, The cat to finally get laid, Kryten to find more series 4000 Mecanoid and Rimmer to become Ace again :).

Also somehow find some wormhole that gets them back to earth in the year 2007. :)

With obvious run in's with some evil mo fo aliens or that Kryten's replacement from the last day.........he was a hard mo fo.

What's your thoughts ?
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Postby Dr McFisto » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:25 pm

I had an idea that I did a script for that I actually sent in, never got a reply though.

It started out on Earth way into the future with an aged cat telling a story which forms the basis of the film.

It starts with a Star Wars esq, scroll back (kinda like series 3 opener), which explains what happened to the Crew after the end events of series 8, how Rimmer was saved by Ace, and dropped off on board the Dwarf in the Mirror universe, where Lister and the rest escaped to it goes on to explain that Kryten hooked up an Turbo Charger style device which through a series of Mis Calculations on Krytens part and the Cat spilling a glass of Um Bongo caused Red Dwarf to self Destruct, and how they escaped abord Starbug, we then learn that the experimental turbo charger has caused a worm hole to open where the film starts proper.

Starbug is sucked into the Wormhole, and spat out in orbit of Mars, they find Earth has been populated by, the Cat people yet they have been enslaved by Stimulants.

Lister and Co. then discover this all fits with an ancient Cat prophecy, in which the Cat race are saved from persecution, by the return of cloister.

Which make up the basis of the film, it ends with all but Cat dieing in an very British and quite Humours way, thus giving Dwarf a final and definitive ending, but one fitting for the show.

We fade back to the aged Cat, finishing his story with very large Family including a little one called Dwayne :wink:
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:19 am

Hudson wrote:I had an idea that I did a script for that I actually sent in, never got a reply though.

It started out on Earth way into the future with an aged cat telling a story which forms the basis of the film.

It starts with a Star Wars esq, scroll back (kinda like series 3 opener), which explains what happened to the Crew after the end events of series 8, how Rimmer was saved by Ace, and dropped off on board the Dwarf in the Mirror universe, where Lister and the rest escaped to it goes on to explain that Kryten hooked up an Turbo Charger style device which through a series of Mis Calculations on Krytens part and the Cat spilling a glass of Um Bongo caused Red Dwarf to self Destruct, and how they escaped abord Starbug, we then learn that the experimental turbo charger has caused a worm hole to open where the film starts proper.

Starbug is sucked into the Wormhole, and spat out in orbit of Mars, they find Earth has been populated by, the Cat people yet they have been enslaved by Stimulants.

Lister and Co. then discover this all fits with an ancient Cat prophecy, in which the Cat race are saved from persecution, by the return of cloister.

Which make up the basis of the film, it ends with all but Cat dieing in an very British and quite Humours way, thus giving Dwarf a final and definitive ending, but one fitting for the show.

We fade back to the aged Cat, finishing his story with very large Family including a little one called Dwayne :wink:
You see, now that I like :)
Mrs Arnie Rimmer
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Mrs Arnie Rimmer » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:46 am

Oh that's a good idea Hudson. I like the idea of an aged Cat having a descendant called Dwayne; perhaps a twin brother called Dibley?

But yeah, I'd like Kochanski and Lister to get together, find a parallel Earth and settle down to get married and have children with Kryten being their house Droid.

I'd also want Kryten to realise that Kochanski is not a threat and that Lister can actually like more than one person/droid.

Oh, but before that Kochanski does manage to get back to her Dave and realise he's a boring smeghead and want to go back to the other Dave... hmm, I might write this as fanfic.

"I can teach you to brew fame; bottle glory, and even put a stopper in death!"
bobafettish
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby bobafettish » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:49 pm

I'd like to see what happens to Ace Rimmer. I'd like him to save Rimmer then meet up with the rest of the crew and explain to Lister what he'd done and stuff. Something like that. And then the crew go to Earth and something. I prefered Rimmer as a Hologram than alive in series 8 so with the return of Ace, I dunno, kill off the Rimmer that is supposed to die and turn Ace back into Arnie. Wow, almost as confusing as explaining the episode 'out of time'!!!
Mrs Arnie Rimmer
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Mrs Arnie Rimmer » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 pm

I don't know I love Rimmer. I prefer him alive for er? Obvious reasons really... :oops: :oops:

No, if Rimmer is to die and turn into a hardlight Hologram I'd like it to be for Nirvanah Crane!

bobafettish
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby bobafettish » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Well it's just the rimmer that's alive, sux, i prefer the one that left as ace rimmer, because he shared all the memories with the others wheras the alive one is like the old rimmer that everyone hated
Rimmer: They've updated the whole smeggin ship!!!
Lister: Yer, it's Red Dwarf before the JMC made a few alterations.
Rimmer: Wow, they've even changed the bedroom from ocean grey to military grey!!!
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:10 pm

bobafettish wrote:Well it's just the rimmer that's alive, sux, i prefer the one that left as ace rimmer, because he shared all the memories with the others wheras the alive one is like the old rimmer that everyone hated
You have a point, the Rimmer from Season 8 is almost an impostor.
Mrs Arnie Rimmer
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby Mrs Arnie Rimmer » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 pm

No no it's Ace Rimmer thats the imposter! I can't stand that Rimmer...

No, I prefer Rimmer to be alive and with Nirvanah Crane! She was perfect for him, and I do feel sorry for Rimmer; the fact that he was bullied by his brothers, his parents hated him, and no one took him seriously... give me Rimmer anyday!

D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Mrs Arnie Rimmer wrote:No no it's Ace Rimmer thats the imposter! I can't stand that Rimmer...

No, I prefer Rimmer to be alive and with Nirvanah Crane! She was perfect for him, and I do feel sorry for Rimmer; the fact that he was bullied by his brothers, his parents hated him, and no one took him seriously... give me Rimmer anyday!
No no no, you've mis read the above posts.

The "imposter" rimmer is the one from season 8, the one that the nanobots rebuilt and then one that had not spent the last 7 years adventuring with the rest of the cast.

The Rimmer you refer to is the same one myself and bobafettish are refering to, the one that "left as ace rimmer", not the first Ace we saw.