Will it or won't it ?

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
User avatar
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 5903
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:35 pm
Location: Behind you.............

Postby Dr McFisto » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:49 am

NO COMMENT! :?
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
User avatar
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 8092
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Location: The bar
Contact:

Postby Jake Bullet » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:50 am

Not needed anyway :lol:
Image
User avatar
Queenie
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Artificial Reality suite, playing BTL.
Contact:

Postby Queenie » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Captain Hollister wrote:I think that was on series 3 extras DVD (Hattie's DJ Diary).

I can just imagine shaving my scrote, and my head, wandering around cupping my boys in my hands. :twisted:
An alternative to your hands are sheets of paper off Hollister's desk. :D
User avatar
Jake Bullet
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 8092
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Location: The bar
Contact:

Postby Jake Bullet » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:03 pm

Queenie wrote:
Captain Hollister wrote:I think that was on series 3 extras DVD (Hattie's DJ Diary).

I can just imagine shaving my scrote, and my head, wandering around cupping my boys in my hands. :twisted:
An alternative to your hands are sheets of paper off Hollister's desk. :D
No point, I gave all my paper to Rimmer and Lister. I don't really want it back now :wink:
Image
User avatar
Mrs Arnie Rimmer
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: In Rimmers Soup Machine
Contact:

Postby Mrs Arnie Rimmer » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:40 pm

If I was to screen print anyone from that movie it'd be Mos Def... Ford Prefect just got sexy!!! I didn't find any of the guys from the series sexy...

(In reference to Jake's comment about Sandra Dickinson!)
Image

"I can teach you to brew fame; bottle glory, and even put a stopper in death!"
dust
Canary
Canary
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:17 pm

Postby dust » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:34 pm

dont know wether this has been said before but back on topic.

I personally think it shouldnt be made, if it turns out a load of rubbish then thats the end of the red dwarf saga and everyone will remember a rubbish film, like hitch hikers that pissess me off coz thats all anyone knows who didnt hear the radio series.

Plus like all legendary things its better if its never finished, people can speculate all they want, and it will give people something to talk about for years.

Look at faulty towers (1 series) The young ones (2 series) and these are 2 of the most loved sitcoms ever, the last few only fools n horses were rubbish they looked too old n it lost the original flavour.

Dont milk something, leave it as it is... great
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Postby D5120 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:10 pm

dust wrote:dont know wether this has been said before but back on topic.

I personally think it shouldnt be made, if it turns out a load of rubbish then thats the end of the red dwarf saga and everyone will remember a rubbish film, like hitch hikers that pissess me off coz thats all anyone knows who didnt hear the radio series.

Plus like all legendary things its better if its never finished, people can speculate all they want, and it will give people something to talk about for years.

Look at faulty towers (1 series) The young ones (2 series) and these are 2 of the most loved sitcoms ever, the last few only fools n horses were rubbish they looked too old n it lost the original flavour.

Dont milk something, leave it as it is... great
You've got a valid point, I loved Hitchhikers, the books, the story, the way the TV series as shown, I fell asleep through the film, after spending the first half slating it.

I still think they need to somehow conclude.........a double episode special or something.......but I think as every day passes, it's less and less likely we'll see anything.
Image
dust
Canary
Canary
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:17 pm

Postby dust » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 pm

I think its better they dont conclude, its not a fairy tale is it? Plus people can make up there own stories, theyve created great characters and a universe of there own, its up to the imagination, like star wars, theres loads of spin off books about random characters in the star wars universe.

im not saying there should be spin offs but you get the idea? just look at the web theres loads of fan sites with people making up there own stories n stuff, if its concluded you cant do that as much, it will die off quicker without speculation...
User avatar
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police
Posts: 11863
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: In a galaxy, far far away !
Contact:

Postby D5120 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:46 pm

dust wrote:I think its better they dont conclude, its not a fairy tale is it? Plus people can make up there own stories, theyve created great characters and a universe of there own, its up to the imagination, like star wars, theres loads of spin off books about random characters in the star wars universe.

im not saying there should be spin offs but you get the idea? just look at the web theres loads of fan sites with people making up there own stories n stuff, if its concluded you cant do that as much, it will die off quicker without speculation...
True, I guess this place wouldn't have been created if it had been ended.
Image
User avatar
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?
Contact:

Postby Martin the Skutter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:22 am

I love Hitchhikers. I brought the book last year, I find way better then the TV series. I haven't watched the film only because I know it wont be the same. But like you were staying with Star Wars and all that, It's the same with star trek. There are so many "What happened to...". All we know about voyager is that Janeway got promoted, Because we saw her in Nemesis, but what happened to the rest of the crew. There has been several novels but it's just not the same. At the end of Nemesis you wonder, does Data's brother become the XO, does Worf go back to he was going to do at the end of DS9 etc, but the short of it is, is no one knows because the next movie is set in the past.

But back on topic, I do believe that until they do/if they do make the movie, have a couple of specials.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest