not about movie about series 9

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
lister1997
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

not about movie about series 9

Postby lister1997 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 pm

i have heard that the original cast might've been aproached about a series 9 it this true :?
Last edited by lister1997 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: not about movie about series 9

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:11 pm

At the "unofficial" Red Dwarf convention a few weeks back, it is rumoured that cast members said they had been approached. I think it was Hatty Hayridge, Danny John-Jules and Robert Llewellyn (female Holly, Cat and Kryten). From what I can gather, Hatty mentioned it and when pressed Danny confirmed and Robert tried to cover it up after the roasting he got for releasing information about the Easter special over Twitter. It looks as though Dave is looking at making a six episode series and has gotten far enough into the thinking to actually approach cast members for availability. Still no official word, but my guess is that next year we could get a new series. But, whether it will be series 9, series 10 or series 11 is debatable. According to Back To Earth, series 9 and 10 have already been made and series 10 was the best Red Dwarf ever! :lol:

Actually, I've just checked over at Ganymede & Titan and somebody on thier forum has pulled out the following link to a Robert Llewellyn tweet. http://twitter.com/bobbyllew/status/3122138675
Next year is a maybe, then!
Lexis
Canary
Canary

Postby Lexis » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 pm

I wish the BBC would pick it up again.

I dislike adverts... and it's kind of an insult to RD not to have it on terrestrial TV for everybody.
ori-STUDFARM
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby ori-STUDFARM » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 pm

I know what you mean! But I'd rather Dave TV than nothing...'tis the price we pay for more Dwarf. Hopefully, Doug will be able to pace it better if he knows what he is actually writing for. Don't forget, the Easter specials was written and filming had began when the decision was made for it to be a 3 parter instead of a 2 parter!