If movie never gets made

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Re: If movie never gets made

Postby D5120 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:11 am

LowRimmerSexFlibble wrote:yea they shud set in the future for it to make sense...older arnie :P he mite even get laid :O
LOL, you never know :)
Queeg
2nd Technician
2nd Technician

Postby Queeg » Fri May 30, 2008 1:52 pm

I agree with setting it in the future but they're still young enough to do it as an action movie, look at Harrison Ford reprising the role of Indy, he can still do it and it's as believable as when he was younger and he's an OAP now.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Queeg wrote:I agree with setting it in the future but they're still young enough to do it as an action movie, look at Harrison Ford reprising the role of Indy, he can still do it and it's as believable as when he was younger and he's an OAP now.

Tis a valid point :)
LowRimmerSexFlibble
Canary
Canary

Postby LowRimmerSexFlibble » Fri May 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Queeg wrote:I agree with setting it in the future but they're still young enough to do it as an action movie, look at Harrison Ford reprising the role of Indy, he can still do it and it's as believable as when he was younger and he's an OAP now.

I saw the indy film and it rocks so hard. The guys can still act. Craigs in corrie and danny pops up now and again, chris did lara croft and midsomer murders and people still love them and thats why they should do live action. i'd be gutted if they did an animation. Set it in the future and make it live action :):)
'Hello my pretty. I want to HURT you because I'm not a very nice person. I'm going to whip
you within an inch of your life...... and then I'm going to HAVE you'.
Nirvanah Crane

Postby Nirvanah Crane » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi! i'm a newbie too. I think Red Dwarf is definatley popular enough to go down that route. But i would prefer another series to a comic or something though :)
LowRimmerSexFlibble
Canary
Canary

Postby LowRimmerSexFlibble » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Nirvanah Crane wrote:Hi! i'm a newbie too. I think Red Dwarf is definatley popular enough to go down that route. But i would prefer another series to a comic or something though :)

Welcome :)

yer i agree with that :)
'Hello my pretty. I want to HURT you because I'm not a very nice person. I'm going to whip
Parallel Universe
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby Parallel Universe » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:46 pm

I'd love to see a Red Dwarf Movie. I must agree with a number of people, that they could set it from a future perspective. In my opinion, the movie should start off with the end of Only the Good... and use CGI elements to show how Rimmer got out of that perdicament, then, have a Model Shot with a line that says "20 Years Later...", and so it goes.

What d'you think?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextrordinary!
LowRimmerSexFlibble
Canary
Canary

Postby LowRimmerSexFlibble » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Parallel Universe wrote:I'd love to see a Red Dwarf Movie. I must agree with a number of people, that they could set it from a future perspective. In my opinion, the movie should start off with the end of Only the Good... and use CGI elements to show how Rimmer got out of that perdicament, then, have a Model Shot with a line that says "20 Years Later...", and so it goes.

What d'you think?
i think that is a fantastic idea :)

and totally possible :)
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Nirvanah Crane wrote:Hi! i'm a newbie too. I think Red Dwarf is definatley popular enough to go down that route. But i would prefer another series to a comic or something though :)
Welcome to the forum :)

Parallel Universe wrote:I'd love to see a Red Dwarf Movie. I must agree with a number of people, that they could set it from a future perspective. In my opinion, the movie should start off with the end of Only the Good... and use CGI elements to show how Rimmer got out of that perdicament, then, have a Model Shot with a line that says "20 Years Later...", and so it goes.

What d'you think?
I like it, maybe there can be a problem with his hard light drive and he's aged horribly :P
Parallel Universe
3rd Technician
3rd Technician

Postby Parallel Universe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Bass Junkie wrote: I like it, maybe there can be a problem with his hard light drive and he's aged horribly :P
That's an idea, but the Rimmer seen in Only the Good... was a fully alive Rimmer. Ooh, they could find out that that Rimmer is an imposter and get the old Rimmer back, sort of like how they did with
Spoiler:
Lister in Last Human.
Then when they do find the real Rimmer, his hard-light drive could be broken and he's horribly aged. Then we'd go to 20 Years Later... They still haven't fixed Rimmer, and the rest of them are old geezers as well. That's a good thought you've had, Bass Junkie. I've jsut borrowed and expanded upon it.

What d'you think?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextrordinary!