If movie never gets made

News, Rumours and Gossip on the movie
jlk1jlk

If movie never gets made

Postby jlk1jlk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi I'm a noob to the forum but a long time fan of the show.

If the movie gets scrapped do you think people would like to see a continuation of the series in another format, whether it be book, cartoon or comics?

Seeing as how the new season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer has gone the comic book route (and is a good read imo), could anyone see Red Dwarf being popular enough to go in this direction?

I am one of those that would like to see the series completed one way or another and would not mind seeing the series finish in a book format as I believe that outside of the 3 above mentioned formats we will not see the movie get done.
Dr McFisto
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: If movie never gets made

Postby Dr McFisto » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm

jlk1jlk wrote:Hi I'm a noob to the forum but a long time fan of the show.

If the movie gets scrapped do you think people would like to see a continuation of the series in another format, whether it be book, cartoon or comics?

Seeing as how the new season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer has gone the comic book route (and is a good read imo), could anyone see Red Dwarf being popular enough to go in this direction?

I am one of those that would like to see the series completed one way or another and would not mind seeing the series finish in a book format as I believe that outside of the 3 above mentioned formats we will not see the movie get done.
It's has been mentioned by Doug Naylor that an Animated film may be the way round the problems faced after all the actors only have to record voice overs so age wouldn't be a problem.
WHILST YOU ARE READING THIS SIGNATURE, I'M IN YOUR BASE STEALING YOUR FLAG!
squittens dad
Nav Officer 3rd Class
Nav Officer 3rd Class

Postby squittens dad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:17 pm

I think an animated movie would be a great idea, I would also like to a Red Dwarf video game too. (I think that has been mentioned on this site before)
formally known as Darluther... In Space No One Can Hear You Smeg!!
Burnsyofleeds

Postby Burnsyofleeds » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:40 am

that is the soggiest idea ever, this always happens to british comedies they take things too far, theyv wasted far too much time fafing around , they should be on series 12 by now, its a classic show every episode is top quality althought series 8 is w@nk its just not the same, it just doesnt seem the red dwarf way with everyone been alive, the whole point of the show was that they where marooned in space 3million years away from earth & they have strange yet hillarious adventures ! and if they do continue in animation or reading matieral i for one shal not be readin or watchin that bollox it will not be the red dwarf day, they should pull there fingers out and get to production of serires and give there heads a shek and sort the smegin plots out !!
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

Postby Martin the Skutter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:45 am

There was an alternate ending to 'Only the Good...' where they saved the ship, but didn't let the crew come back aboard. Here you go:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQDQ2EbnK1E[/youtube]

Oh and welcome to the forums.
Madam Flibble
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Postby Madam Flibble » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:27 am

I read in a scifi mag last year there is a cartoon you can get on your mobile phone. Never really looked into it though as cartoons don't do much for me and I don't use my mobile like that anyway.
Martin the Skutter
Nav Officer 1st Class
Nav Officer 1st Class
Location: Where the sun don't shine... a black hole.... where did you think I meant?

Postby Martin the Skutter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Yeah, they are called Webesodes, or something like that, had an e-mail off reddwarf.co.uk ages ago about them.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Burnsyofleeds wrote:that is the soggiest idea ever, this always happens to british comedies they take things too far, theyv wasted far too much time fafing around , they should be on series 12 by now, its a classic show every episode is top quality althought series 8 is w@nk its just not the same, it just doesnt seem the red dwarf way with everyone been alive, the whole point of the show was that they where marooned in space 3million years away from earth & they have strange yet hillarious adventures ! and if they do continue in animation or reading matieral i for one shal not be readin or watchin that bollox it will not be the red dwarf day, they should pull there fingers out and get to production of serires and give there heads a shek and sort the smegin plots out !!

Welcome to the forum :)
jlk1jlk

Postby jlk1jlk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for putting up that video Martin. While I preferred the ending that was aired (thought it was more amusing), I would still like to see them putting out an "official" ending.
D5120
Dwarf Police
Dwarf Police

Postby D5120 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:28 pm

jlk1jlk wrote:Thanks for putting up that video Martin. While I preferred the ending that was aired (thought it was more amusing), I would still like to see them putting out an "official" ending.
yup, me too, A special long episode or something :)